Best time of year to visit DR?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Hollie_Amber89

Hollie_Amber89
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:06 PM

Hi all

We are looking at getting married in the DR early December 2011. We were told by the travel agent that the best time of year to visit is between December and April, to avoid the rainy season, although it is hot there all year round.

I just wondered if any brides who got married in the DR went in December? If so, what was the weather like, did you experience any rain? And was it mainly cloudy or sunny?

#2 Debs

Debs
    • VIP Member
    • 7,104 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:18 PM

I think that's prime time to go. We were there late April and had a couple of days of rain over 2 week period.

#3 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
      • 573 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:12 PM

I was there a few years ago over the christmas holidays, and the weather was wonderful. It rained only one day and that was really heavy, but other than that it was blue skies, and hot sunny days. Great for the beach. I hope this helps. Good Luck and Have Fun.

#4 lesandlynda

lesandlynda
        • 199 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:50 PM

December is a great time to visit here......as is any time in winter as it's a bit cooler at night and early mornings ! It's like a perfect summer's day. If it rains, it's usually at night - bringing a fresh sparkling-clean sunny morning - ahhh, bliss!

#5 Nora

Nora
          • 87 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:29 PM

I was there in October and would avoid going there that time of year if at all possible since it was extremely humid and windy. I heard that it was hurricane season afterwards. December must be better!

#6 Hollie_Amber89

Hollie_Amber89
            • 9 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:22 PM

Yeah I was told the best time to go is December-April as this misses out their hurricane and rainy season. I was just worried that as we are going early Dec that it might not be the best weather yet but if we wait until Jan-April I'll have to wait till 2012 as there is no way we can afford to go that early on in 2011

Thanks all x

#7 Ashleyciv

Ashleyciv
              • 107 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:54 PM

My fiance and i were thinking about going in June...even though its the beginning of hurricane season..but we have a lot of teachers in our family so we thought that would be easier for alot of people. Does anyone know what the typical weather is like in June? Is this a really bad time to go?

#8 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
                • 997 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:59 AM

Usually the hurricane season starts a little later in the summer, August, September, and October. I've heard that this a beautiful time to go as well...just hot! We've booked for July because I'm a teacher. The average temp is 32 degrees and humid. I would say go when you want to have your wedding everyone will be there for you and being in a tropical paradise, even with a day of rain is no biggie. :)

#9 Sunshine15

Sunshine15
                  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:27 PM

I am planning a DR wedding for 2012. I was aiming for March 2011.

#10 Sunshine15

Sunshine15
                    • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:37 PM

Any resort recommendations?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users