• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Married_In_Maui

• 929 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:24 AM

I'm wondering if any of you girls take Seasonique?? My doctor just gave me a sample pack to try, but I've heard of some complaints about spotting, amongst other issues. Anything that only gives you 4 periods a year is a plus in my book, but I also don't want to just be spotting constantly KWIM. I would also love to hear what other types of BC are popular out there. Thanks for your help girls!!!

#2 eec129

• 108 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:49 AM

I personally like the Nuvaring, though I did go through a period of slight crazy when I started it. I feel much more normal now, though. It is nice to not have to think about it too much. :)
      44 booked plus bride and groom!

#3 Married_In_Maui

• 929 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:22 AM

I have thought about using Nuvaring, but the idea of having to insert that thing (TMI - sorry), kinda freaks me out; LMAO. On the other hand, I'm not such a good pill taker, so the idea of not having to remember to take something each day is kind of appealing. Thanks for your comments!!

#4 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:54 AM

I've had two friends with bad luck on this pill. They both got severely depressed. i don't know if it was the hormones or what? Hopefully it doesn't happen to you though but they had to stop taking it and they were fine afterward.

#5 *Karla*

• 4,854 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:21 PM

I have heard good things about Nuvaring. It kinda freaks me out too, but my friends that are on it love it! Also, if you want to get pregnant any time soon, it doesn't take long after you stop using nuvaring. A good friend of mine was preggers within a month of stopping.

If you are not looking for babies anytime soon, I highly recommend depo provera. It is a shot you get every 3 mo. I have been on it almost 5 years now. It completely stops your monthly, so I have not had a period in like 4 1/2 years! Only problem if you take it for a long time (like I have) it can take up to a year to get pregnant once you stop.

#6 Married_In_Maui

• 929 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:06 PM

I am def not trying to have anymore children - we have a 6yr old & trust me when I say that the stresses of having one child is enough for me, LMAO. I have actually looked into Mirena since we don't want anymore children, but they want something crazy like $800 just for the IUD & that doesn't include the dr's fees to put it in. Anyhow, I have always thought the depo was a good thing b/c of the lack of periods (although I do hate shots prob more than I hate trying to remember to take a pill daily.) Anyhow, my question is about weight gain; have you gained any weight from the depo?? I have heard horror stories about women that have gained like 15lbs from this shot, but I guess you never know b/c some also claim to gain weight on BC pills (I think you just have to watch what you eat b/c the hormones tend to make you want to eat.) Just wonder what your experience was. THANKS!!!!

#7 sarafish81

• 353 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:49 PM

My cousin is on Seasonique and really likes it. She finds that the pms she does have during the few periods in a year is milder than it used to be (which was a good thing for me to hear as I am guilty of raging pms at times!) - I personally haven't tried it and have been on marvelon for about 8 years. Perhaps once my prescription is up, I'll give it a whirl. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users