Sign in to follow this  
DarcyJAde

Review of our wedding in Dominican Republic

BEAUTIFUL photos! Seriously your photog did a great job.

Glad that your wedding went so well, and that you enjoyed the Melia. From the photos, all I see is happiness and fun! Thanks for the review :)

thanks for great review!

I'm really new to all this planning, I've contacted the Melia for their price lists, etc. but haven't received at response yet. I know thats a general issue with the resorts so not an issue really.

you said you had a room upgrade? is it because you had so many rooms booked under your party? and you bought your own alcohol, i didnt even know that was an option. Did you just go to a store while you were down there? sorry for all the questions. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursula View Post
thanks for great review!
I'm really new to all this planning, I've contacted the Melia for their price lists, etc. but haven't received at response yet. I know thats a general issue with the resorts so not an issue really.

you said you had a room upgrade? is it because you had so many rooms booked under your party? and you bought your own alcohol, i didnt even know that was an option. Did you just go to a store while you were down there? sorry for all the questions. Thanks!

If you have a travel agent they can gice you the pricing faster, if not I can recommend an EXCELLENT one. As for the alcohol it's $8 per bottle corkage fee. We paid for the basic bar $8 per hour per person, which included rum, wine and beer. We brought our own alcohol (Patron) and scotch, from home. I packed 2 bottles, had my bridesmaids bring the rest. (7 bottles total) We brought the rest home. There is a gift shop with liquor on the resort. There is also a mall nexxt door (I think they have liquor). OR you could get some at the airport.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask! Congratulations!!

Awwww DarcyJade im soo happy everything turned out great for you.. gets me soo excited about my wedding next year. I am now completely sure that this is the place where I want to go.. can you please give me the email address to your wedding coordinator :) I would really appreciate it. TIA