Sign in to follow this  
Jennybell1

Do not buy from lulucarmen - warning!!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your bad experience! Thanks for the warning. I've bought a few things on here from BDW members and those experiences were great. It's disheartening when you find out you can't trust someone!

Boooo to dishonest people. I was leary of not very active noobs posting things for sale before and will definitely keep that in mind from now on.

Finzup suggested something like that and I also said maybe it could be something like ebay...we posted it on Tammy (host) thread about buying and sellling on the forum.

We hope that it is something that can be incorporated into the forum. Another thought is not allowing noobs to sell until they too have reached a certain level?

Just a thought.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cece9922 View Post
Is it possible to have some sort of feedback set up on this site like Ebay? Just showing that those people are trusted.

Check out the other thread for more info, but basically it really isn't something that will help since brides generally only sell things once or twice.

Also, it's usually the noobs that are buying, not selling. We've had trouble where people send money for something and don't get the product, or people send the product and not the money.

Basically what it comes down to is this is not a buy/sell forum. This is a wedding forum that has some benefits. Just try to be proactive about researching the seller if you are making a large purchase. Make sure to use your credit card or paypal, so you are protected by them.

Here's the other thread again - http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...wn-risk-51322/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennybell1 View Post
Finzup suggested something like that and I also said maybe it could be something like ebay...we posted it on Tammy (host) thread about buying and sellling on the forum.

We hope that it is something that can be incorporated into the forum. Another thought is not allowing noobs to sell until they too have reached a certain level?

Just a thought.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Check out the other thread for more info, but basically it really isn't something that will help since brides generally only sell things once or twice.

Also, it's usually the noobs that are buying, not selling. We've had trouble where people send money for something and don't get the product, or people send the product and not the money.

Basically what it comes down to is this is not a buy/sell forum. This is a wedding forum that has some benefits. Just try to be proactive about researching the seller if you are making a large purchase. Make sure to use your credit card or paypal, so you are protected by them.

Here's the other thread again - http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...wn-risk-51322/
Are noobs REALLY selling more than buying? That seems contradictory to me since most people post stuff for sale after the weddinghuh.gif Maybe that's just me. Anyway, most other forums I'm on (and not even wedding forums) make you reach 100 posts before you can sell anything. Maybe that's not too hard to implement and would help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
I meant to say, usually the noobs are buying not selling. I'm going to edit my post now...
Haha ok. I was just confused!