Jump to content

Photo

Wanted to Buy - Cream or Green Chair Sashes


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 adelaide

adelaide
  • Jr. Member
  • 200 posts

    Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:04 AM

    Hi Ladies,

    I would like to purchase about 40 chair sashes. My colours are cream and green so either one of those would likely work. If they are green I am looking for a light/subtle colour as opposed to a forest/dark green.

    Thanks!
    A

    #2 KJT1985

    KJT1985
    • Member
    • 694 posts

      Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:02 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by adelaide
      Hi Ladies,

      I would like to purchase about 40 chair sashes. My colours are cream and green so either one of those would likely work. If they are green I am looking for a light/subtle colour as opposed to a forest/dark green.

      Thanks!
      A

      Hi! I have green ones but can't get rid of them till March. And they're probably too dark for you ("clover"). What's your budget? Elegant Perspectives - Buy Wedding Chair Sashes, Bows, Ties - Canada & USA has some for fairly cheap and since they're based in Canada you don't have to pay duty on them, just tax. Which might be cheaper than paying duty on the wedding linens direct home page ones which are a little cheaper pre-duty. Good luck!

      #3 desouc

      desouc
      • Newbie
      • 17 posts

        Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:07 AM

        Those links are great! Thanks so much for the tip
        I'm in Canada and am having a destination wedding this coming February
        Resorts charge a ridiculous amount of money to rent chair covers & bows! Bringing my own will save me so much money! And, since I'm only having 12 people at my wedding, it shouldn't be a huge problem to pack.
        Carla

        #4 KJT1985

        KJT1985
        • Member
        • 694 posts

          Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:05 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by desouc
          Those links are great! Thanks so much for the tip
          I'm in Canada and am having a destination wedding this coming February
          Resorts charge a ridiculous amount of money to rent chair covers & bows! Bringing my own will save me so much money! And, since I'm only having 12 people at my wedding, it shouldn't be a huge problem to pack.
          Oh not at all! I just took 100 satin chair sashes to Canada and back and it was NO problem! Folded in their packages they barely took up any room and not even quite half after I packed them away after the reception.

          #5 Tam

          Tam
          • Member
          • 551 posts

            Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:37 AM

            I just ordered 40 sashes from weddinglinensdirect.com and they were about 80cents each. cheap cheap but be careful when ordering them. If you can, get them to courier them to you through fed ex or any company other than UPS. UPS charges a brokerage fee (which they don't tell you when you order) and charge it to you COD...again which I didn't know... so as of right now, my sashes are here but I haven't been home either attempt to deliver and they want $14 brokerage fee for a $40 order.. apparently you can argue this and they will lower the fee, but WTF?? It should be on the website or something.. otherwise I would have specified a different company.. guess I got off topic there for a minute and vented instead of helping! sorry about that.

            #6 KJT1985

            KJT1985
            • Member
            • 694 posts

              Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:21 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Tam
              I just ordered 40 sashes from weddinglinensdirect.com and they were about 80cents each. cheap cheap but be careful when ordering them. If you can, get them to courier them to you through fed ex or any company other than UPS. UPS charges a brokerage fee (which they don't tell you when you order) and charge it to you COD...again which I didn't know... so as of right now, my sashes are here but I haven't been home either attempt to deliver and they want $14 brokerage fee for a $40 order.. apparently you can argue this and they will lower the fee, but WTF?? It should be on the website or something.. otherwise I would have specified a different company.. guess I got off topic there for a minute and vented instead of helping! sorry about that.
              Well it's not really the company's fault. That will happen ANY time you order something that's coming from outside Canada. It's a customs/government thing, not a company thing. It also depends on how it's being shipped (UPS verses USPS). It's something all canadian brides on here don't necessarily think about. My fiance knew of this so we avoided shipping anything directly to his parents house in Canada. His mom ordered her dress from Nordstroms and also had to pay a customs charge (and flat brokerage fee for UPS). Like I said, it'll happen with ANY company you use that's not Canadian...

              #7 greshle

              greshle
              • Newbie
              • 17 posts

                Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:24 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by KJT1985
                Hi! I have green ones but can't get rid of them till March. And they're probably too dark for you ("clover"). What's your budget? Elegant Perspectives - Buy Wedding Chair Sashes, Bows, Ties - Canada & USA has some for fairly cheap and since they're based in Canada you don't have to pay duty on them, just tax. Which might be cheaper than paying duty on the wedding linens direct home page ones which are a little cheaper pre-duty. Good luck!
                Thanks for these links, this thread was really helpful! This seems like a silly question but are there any major differences between the satin and organza sashes? It seems like satin may be a more common choice but I wasn't sure if the there was a reason for this. Also, are the sashes wrinkled after being in their packages or can you just take them out of the pacakges and use them right away?

                #8 KJT1985

                KJT1985
                • Member
                • 694 posts

                  Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:13 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by greshle
                  Thanks for these links, this thread was really helpful! This seems like a silly question but are there any major differences between the satin and organza sashes? It seems like satin may be a more common choice but I wasn't sure if the there was a reason for this. Also, are the sashes wrinkled after being in their packages or can you just take them out of the pacakges and use them right away?
                  I used satin and just took them out and used them right away. The only "wrinkles" were just the fold lines which didn't bother me at all. Satin is a heavier material than organza is. I liked satin because I think it's a nicer evening look - whereas organza would be my choice for an afternoon event. Organza is a bit see-through like chiffon. Just it kinda just depends on what kind of look you want and if you want to spend a bit more for the satin ones. Here's a link to an example of both:
                  organza: http://www.xinlantex....air-Sashes.jpg
                  satin: http://www.eventswho...ashes_satin.jpg

                  Good luck!




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users