Turks & Caicos Wedding Bands

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 nsblum

• 58 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:29 AM

Hi everyone, if anyone can suggest any wedding bands in Provo I would really appreciate it. I am looking to have a Saturday night outdoor wedding, but I really don't want anything too islandy or Carribean for the music. We are having that for the rehearsal dinner which I am really excited for, but I want something more mainstream and traditional for the actual reception band. We took a trip down a couple of months ago, and met with some people, but really haven't found what I am looking for. Does anyone have any suggestions?

#2 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:46 AM

Hey where is your wedding in turks? and when?

#3 nsblum

• 58 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:48 AM

The hotel is still TBD, but it's between The Somerset and The Regent Palms. Do you have any suggestions for me? I mean I know of the basics, Correy Forbes, Stanly Roots, NADA, but like I said I wanted something more traditional, like a 5 piece band. Who knows if that's even possible.

#4 nsblum

• 58 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:47 PM

Update for anyone looking for band in Provo- we used Press Gang. They were great! Would def use them again and recommend.

#5 amacken11

• 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

where did u end up getting married?

I too want an island feel but traditional, elegant wedding....i have been searching everywhere on the internet for ideas (bands, flowers, photography etc). No one is calling me back from the regent palms which i already booked! 

Who did you go with for these things, just curious ;)

Having a 60-75 person wedding this may 20 2011 and excited....I just wanna start checking things off my list!

#6 lm3682

• 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

Here's a question related to having a band (which we are.. Press Gang.) - are you planning on having the band play the music for your first dance? Or are you going to use an ipod, then go to the band? I'm not sure my band would know my song (just a Sinatra song) but they may also play it a little different and we've been practicing to a classic version. Just wanted to see how others handled it!

#7 dekokerk

• 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:14 PM

Hi!  I'm getting married at Grace Bay Club on May 28, 2011.  Can't wait!

We're using the band Soul Redemption.  We wanted more traditional wedding music rather than the usual reggae and island sound.  David Bowen is the contact, and he's also the cultural director of all of T&C.  We've heard him play with other people, and he's got an impressive style range.  I've posted his contact info below along with their basic play list.

We're planning to use an ipod for our first dance and father/daughter dance so that we don't have to worry about the song being different from what we practice.  It works out well as the band's break time between the cocktail reception and dinner since we're doing the dances first thing.

Contact Info:
                David Bowen
                Band Name: Soul Redemption
                Email:  dbowen3@me.com
                Phone: (649)242-5278 

Band List of Songs

Aint No Sunshine

And it Stone Me

Baby I love Your Way 

Billy Jean

Black Magic Women

Blue Bossa

*Brown Eyed Girl       

Crazy Love

Don’ know why

Do For Love

Fly Me to the moon

Folsom Prison 

Girl from Ipanema

Going Down

Harder They Come

Have I Told You Lately

Heavens Door

Hot Hot Hot 

How Far is heaven

I Can See Clearly

I Got a Woman

I Got Loaded

I’m Yours

Isn’t She Lovely

Iko Iko

Jam in E

We Jammin

Killing me Softly

L.O.V.E(L is for the…)

Make Love to You

Many Rivers to Cross

*Moon Dance

Mustang Sally

My Baby

My Funny Valentine

No Woman No Cry

*NY NY

One Love

Ring of Fire

Roots, Rock, Reggae

Stand by me

Steal my Kisses

Stir it up

Stormy Monday

Summer Time

*Sweet Caroline

Time after Time

The Joker

The Weight 

Three lil Birds

Unchained Melody

Wait in vain

Waiting for the World to change

Walk On By

What a wonderful world

What’s going on

With a little help from my friends

You Are So Beautiful

Smooth Operator

#8 turkchic

• 29 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:44 PM

Do any of these bands (Press Gang, etc) have web sites or itunes music you can listen to???  Apparently from the forums and tripadvisor, the dj's aren't that great in T&C, so I'm kinda skeptical about a band.  NSblum, what band are you using for your rehearsal dinner???  My wedding isn't until Oct, but I'm trying to get some ideas.  Thanks!

#9 Soon-to-be-Mrs.D

• 39 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:09 PM

Hi! I just got married last weekend at the Somerset and we had not one, but two different bands booked at one point or another before we completely changed our mind and went with DJ William of Subtronic Sound as recommended by our wedding coordinator Diane.  We had 84 people with about 90 percent of our guests being under 35 and ready to party.  We were SO happy with our choice, even after reading a terrible review of him not too long ago.  We provided him with a list of about 8 hrs worth of music for him to choose from along with a few "must plays".  He stuck to only the music that was in the list and played all of our "must plays."  He read the crowd so well - everyone at the hotel told us it was the most fun, beautiful wedding they had seen there at the Somerset.  For days after, the staff AND hotel guests kept coming up to us saying the music was SO MUCH FUN and they had never seen a group of people have such a good time.  After the wedding reception was over, he even offered to stay and to do our "after party" at the Zen garden for a few hours!!

We had the same problem as you finding ANY sort of music from the bands we had originally booked...  and music was a huge deal to us so we were very nervous booking a band we had never heard (especially at twice the price).  We were so happy with our choice to go with the DJ... but again, I haven't heard any of the bands out there either.  Hope this helps!!

#10 amacken11

• 9 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:27 AM

Hey, this was so helpful and great to see list  of songs i actually know....Are you using Bowen Arrow at 350$ an hour or the more jazz one that was 450$ an hour?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users