Photo

What to do with my dress?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 alkoch

alkoch
  • 515 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:24 AM

I need some ideas. I have been searching for a white cocktail dress to wear for my legal day, but have found nothing. I went to the bridal shop I got my actual wedding dress from and found some nice BM dresses that come in white but they were all around $200 and I really wanted to stay under a $100. I have been thinking about having light in the box custom make a dress I like on the website for me in white but I am worried I won't like the way it fits me when I get it and I don't really want to waste a hundred bucks.

Anyway today while I was at the bridal shop I was just browsing and found this dress on clearance. So I bought it thinking I can alter it to what I want or just sell it if I find something else.

So I need some ideas of how I can make the dress into something I can wear again, I am definitely making it knee length and I am wearing blue shoes so I thought I could do a blue sash or something, but I don't want it too look to bridal.

Any and all ideas will be appreciated thanks soo much for your help!!

Here's me in the dress:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 ~Jessica~

~Jessica~
    • Banned
    • 3,479 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:21 AM

Maybe see if a seamstress can take out the current sash to move the skirt up a bit and then you can add you blue sash to it? And maybe you could add some crinolin under the skirt for a little body to skirt. Just a couple ideas :)

#3 ~Keira~

~Keira~
      • 1,338 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:31 AM

Try looking on etsy for a cute belt to go on it. The right belt could make it look a little less bridal. Here are a couple that I thought would be cute.

Rosebud belt in navy by heartoflight on Etsy

Headband Belt or Sash a Versatile Piece with White by pishposhes
        ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#4 alkoch

alkoch
        • 515 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:42 AM

Oh I like those belts and I never thought of moving the skirt up I thought I had to live with it low like that (and I'm not sure how that would look with the short length)

Now I just don't know how to do something with the top I feel like it needs something so its not so plain

#5 ~Keira~

~Keira~
          • 1,338 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

What if you just make it a sweetheart neckline and wear a nice pendant necklace? If you're wearing a necklace at your beach wedding perhaps you could wear the same one on your legal day to tie the 2 together.
            ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#6 eec129

eec129
            • 108 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:41 PM

You could shorten it and then add a belt. You would definitely be able to wear it again that way!
              44 booked plus bride and groom!

http://img.weddingco...er/zva23vtt.png

#7 blumenthale

blumenthale
              • 242 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:02 PM

What about lacy straps, you can have the seamstress make them detachable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users