Cocktails before the Ceremony

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:08 AM

Is anyone having the bar open during that 1/2 hour period when guests arrive and the before the ceremony starts

I don't know what to do??

#2 kpluse

kpluse
    • 64 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:26 AM

Yes, I was going to do that- especially since it is so hot. I'm not going to have a bar, maybe just some waiters with margaritas and lemondade and water. Haven't worked it out as of yet.

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:36 AM

I'm not familiar with your location but I'm all for drinks pre-wedding. If not alcohol I also suggest bottled water or something cold to beat the heat while they wait. You don't want people wandering off trying to buy refreshments when they should be sitting and waiting for the ceremony to start.

#4 Deighton

Deighton
        • 87 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:52 AM

Bottled water sounds like a must....but do you want people drinking alcohol during the ceremony? That seems kinda weird. Maybe I'm just too traditional!

#5 lavalos

lavalos
          • 261 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:23 AM

We're planning on offering water and champagne.

#6 mridgway

mridgway
            • 132 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:24 PM

We are having the waiters greet the guests with water, wine, beer and margaritas as they arrive at the ceremony - but not having the full bar open until after the ceremony.

#7 diana2008

diana2008
              • 42 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:26 PM

We're doing water, but that's it. It wasn't worth paying for an extra 1/2 hour or hour of open bar per person, and we don't want anyone getting drunk for the ceremony. We figured they'll be drinking all day at the pool anyway, so that half hour might be good for them to sober up before the party begins!
                Diana & Robert
                July 5, 2008
                Cabo Surf Hotel

#8 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                • 4,979 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:31 PM

Oh yes! The only thing I think I'm going to nix is the appetisers during the cocktail hour, apparently they don't get eaten! But the bar, I'm almost certain.
                  Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                  Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#9 tvt

tvt
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,812 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:49 PM

we're doing drinks before the ceremony. we want our guests nice and relaxed - and if that means a margarita or beer, i'm all for it. Plus i'll be having one before so why shouldn't they?

#10 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,347 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:50 PM

I love the idea of having a waiter greet guests with drinks right before the ceremony. I think it's elegant and it also is a nice way for guests to relax while they're waiting for the ceremony to begin. Altho, with the crowd we'll have with us, I can easily see someone drinking a few too many and taking liberty with the "if anyone here objects to these two joining in marriage....." hehehehe, that would make for some interesting video footage! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users