Calgary Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#911 T&C

• 168 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:53 PM

Pamphila - I just noticed we are getting married at sister resorts! How fun!

Have you booked your trip yet? Do you have to fly through Toronto?

#912 pamphilia

• 362 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:07 PM

hey T&C! yay for the Majestic!

nope, we aren't booked yet, but will probably do so in the next couple of weeks. and yes, we do have to travel through toronto. most of our guests are leaving from toronto, so they get to travel direct.

i am so excited and just wish january would hurry up and get here!

#913 Canadiansandy

• 355 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

Hi T&C! Welcome to the thread!

Wow thanks for all the tips ladies - I just called Beautiful Bride again and as it turns out, yes they do book by appointment! Sheesh. Wonder who I spoke with last time I called...

I have appts at: The Bridal Centre, Beautiful Bride, and Cameo and Cufflinks. Ethos told me I don't need an appt, and I have a couple other places as possible drop-ins (i.e Mena's) but those were my top 4 stores. I'm a little nervous because I'm trying to stay under $1000, I hope I find some possibilities! (or even the one!)
        Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

#914 Lindslou

• 187 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:29 PM

Hi Sandy

Hope you have a great time shopping!!! If you are trying to stay under $1000 I would go to Mena's, Parisian (same building as Cameo) and Blissful Bride. I found their prices to be in and around $1000. Have fun :)
          Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba

#915 MissNatalie18

• 172 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:50 PM

Good luck Sandy!! I am sure you will find some amazing dresses :)

#916 T&C

• 168 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:57 PM

Sandy - my dress was 1056 with taxes in. So dresses in your budget shouldn't be a problem! I love my dress - I can't wait to wear it.

I found it at the store in Edmonton but ordered it from the Bridal Center here in town. I found them easy to work with once I had my dress but they didn't listen to my needs when I was shopping. The woman kept putting me in poufy ball gowns. Seriously, lady! I'm getting married on the beach!

#917 echo2_62

• 1,049 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:26 PM

I got my dress at Mena's and I think it was only $700 or so??!?! I did not have my alterations done there however so I can't comment on those costs (but I can recommend someone for that if you need it!). All I know is that when all was said and done, my dress was still under $1000 including having it cleaned once we got home! Hubby was very impressed as he assumed I'd be at least around $2000-2500.

#918 pamphilia

• 362 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

echo - would you mind telling me who did your alterations? i may be going the knock-off route, and might need a good seamstress....

#919 cookiemunchkin

• 376 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:04 PM

Have any of you ordered dresses online? I'm considering it...

#920 pamphilia

• 362 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:14 PM

i am 90% sure i will buy offline once i find a dress i know i love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users