Photo

Calgary Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#541 MichelleS

MichelleS
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:34 PM

I have found a great florist in Calgary that does beautiful artifical flowers for weddings. Here name is Jennifer at Catalaya Flowers 403-274-2522

#542 Boo

Boo
    • 785 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:12 PM

Can I get your ladies opinion, for dresses my front runner is Mathia by Lea Ann Belter, a Canadian designer

Lea Ann Belter Bridal - Niagara Collection - Mathia - its quite pricey but def. within the range still

The Mathia dress was the first one I liked, but because we were rushed that day, didnt decide then and there, I kept doing a couple more trips, covered 7 or 8 stores, all that I was going to do, and then I grabbed the gang and we went back, its been a couple of weeks so the second time I think the dressed stretched and it has buttons and half the buttons were missing, but I wasnt as wowed of my body in it.

Anyhow to know that I checked everything else there, I did ask the sales girl, who is fantastic! to make some other pulls, and as I have tried dresses before that werent in my price range I didnt limit her to price (my own fault)

I put this one Romona Keveza Wedding Dresses - Wedding Dresses from Spring 2010 | Brides.com

Its a Romona Keveza – Spring 2010, same dress but no embellishment belt, its allot more dress, but it just came in and looked prestene and some of the ladies liked it better - do some of you think its too much dress? its so not in my budget either, but I want to make sure I am making a decision for the dress first, then worry about money as dumb as it sounds.

Thanks for all your input!!

#543 echo2_62

echo2_62
      • 1,049 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:58 AM

Honestly I have to say that I like the first dress the best! And wow does she ever have some stunning dresses! I almost wish that I'd known about her line when I was still looking :S

I know it's hard to compare the two dresses when one is so obviously used and the other has just come in pristine as you said, but I think there's a reason you went back to the first dress again! The only dress I ever went back for was the one I bought! None of the others really had that draw for me.

Good luck deciding! And just go with what feels right!

#544 CaraW

CaraW
        • 346 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:20 AM

I love the first dress!!! It's so beautiful and I love the way it fits the body! That's my pick for sure. :)

#545 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
          • 5,466 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:04 AM

I loooove Romona Keveza dresses.. There were two of hers that I really loved so im bias to her dresses. I think that you should go what YOU like best. Doesnt matter how fancy or not fancy it is, it is your wedding!!!

#546 MichelleS

MichelleS
            • 189 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

Loved the first dress..

#547 pamphilia

pamphilia
              • 362 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:50 AM

i loved the top of the first dress and the bottom of the second dress.

i think if i was to pick a WHOLE dress, it would be the first one!
                ~pam

#548 Boo

Boo
                • 785 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:05 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by pamphilia
                  i loved the top of the first dress and the bottom of the second dress.

i think if i was to pick a WHOLE dress, it would be the first one!
                  ha ha that is just too funny. Yeah after the first day of shopping the first dress was the only one I liked, there was another one by the same designer 'Annabelle' that was a close second, but still a second choice. I was just bummed, cause I dreamt about the 'Mathia' dress after shopping and I dont know if I just too jaded being in 7 or 8 bridal stores and trying on 10 dresses at each and that is why I am not excited, or because the Mathia gown at the store looks like its been thru the ringer. Funny enough I dont know if you ladies felt the same way but I am quite excited at the prospect of not dress shopping anymore.

#549 MayanLily

MayanLily
                  • 316 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

I just wrote a whole long paragraph about how i like this about this dress and that about that dress then realized, you probably don't care that much about my detailed opinions! LOL The end result of my long paragraph said the following:

I like the first dress best

btw, you are talking to the queen of being glad dress shopping is over! I brought my mom shopping with me the first time to one store and she swore she would not come DS with me again! I'm no bridezilla, I just hate shopping for clothes... especially a dress I know i'm paying too much for to wear once!
                    Aly

#550 Boo

Boo
                    • 785 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:52 PM

ha ha thats cute - yeah I dont even think its the money for me, maybe its the pressure of finding something that is just wow and knowing that I will have pictures galore wearing it - speaking of which I have had a plan to loose weight and I think its the stress of it all but I have been putting on weight - now I got 8 months and about 15 pounds to loose, have any of you ladies done a boot camp in town? any recommendations?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users