Photo

Calgary Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#411 echo2_62

echo2_62
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:10 AM

kerry - if you're in the south, there is a scrapbookers paradise down that way (same store as the one in crowfoot but a bit bigger location if I remember correctly) so you can try that one instead of heading across town to the north store :)

South Calgary
    Macleod Plaza
    #20, 9250 Macleod Trail S.
    403-253-4799
    M-F 10:00 - 9:00
    Sat 10.00 - 5:00

MayanLily - if you know a good electrician who does side jobs then I'd love the recommendation! We need to get a couple wiring issues checked out in our basement pretty soon here... thanks!

#412 kerrij

kerrij
    • 300 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:29 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by echo2_62
      kerry - if you're in the south, there is a scrapbookers paradise down that way (same store as the one in crowfoot but a bit bigger location if I remember correctly) so you can try that one instead of heading across town to the north store :)

South Calgary
      Macleod Plaza
      #20, 9250 Macleod Trail S.
      403-253-4799
      M-F 10:00 - 9:00
      Sat 10.00 - 5:00

Thanks Echo, but i just bought paper 2 days ago and opened them up yesterday! doh! not exactly the paper i wanted though. I'm printing all of my letters off today, but i might go there anyway and see if they have cuter pin thingys...not sure what they are called, they ahve a cute decoration on them like a sun or a fish or flower and the pin goes through the small hole and spreads to hold the paper. i found fish ones at staples but want a sun or beach ball or something...May just have to stop on my way home!
      I knew I should have googled them! lol

#413 echo2_62

echo2_62
      • 1,049 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:13 PM

hehehe... if your embellishments spread like they have two legs, those are called brads. If they are round, (often have a hole through the middle) and you have to use a small tool (called a setter) those are called eyelets.

And OH MAN - I just googled Beach Ball Brads to see what it would come up with and you should DEFINITELY look to ebay for these things!!
        Beach Ball brads - ebay
        Beach umbrella brads - ebay

and make sure you check out the sellers other items because they also had sand bucket & shovel brads, surf boards etc...

Another random site that seemed half decent was The Eyelet Outlet.. and brads which appears to ship to Canada and I can't imagine there being much in the way of brokerage or customs fees on such small items and low cost... but you never know...

#414 KRama

KRama
        • 421 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:18 PM

Beach Ball Brad sounds like Malibu Barbi's new boyfriend! hahaha

I'm going to check out Scrapbooker's Paradise tomorrow. Thanks echo!

#415 echo2_62

echo2_62
          • 1,049 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:48 PM

LOL too funny!!

#416 Boo

Boo
            • 785 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:12 PM

deleted

#417 KRama

KRama
              • 421 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:48 PM

So I've been trying to find plain white 5.25 x 7.25 envelopes that I can have printed to use with my invites. I haven't been able to find that size at any of the stores I've looked at or online where I don't need to buy a minimum 500. I was just getting something out of our stationary cabinet at work and found two whole boxes of the exact envelopes I need un-printed! (Everything else has our company logo and address on it) I asked my manager if we were saving those for anything and if not, could I have 100? He said "yeah sure". SCORE!!!!

#418 Boo

Boo
                • 785 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:14 PM

deleted

#419 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
                  • 365 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:11 PM

Exciting little tidbits from all of you today!

On a side note...does anyone else have a problem with the acronym "STD"? I use it myself all the time, but use it with non-BDWers, and was made fun of. My MOH asked me "you are sending out sexually transmitted diseases?!" Had never thought of it until she pointed it out...

#420 Boo

Boo
                    • 785 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:01 AM

deleted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users