Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:46 PM

gorgeous dress, mel! i love it!!
    ~pam

#392 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
    • 484 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:51 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!
      LOVE your dress Mel! It's absolutely stunning, I am partial to Paloma's, loved them FOREVER, although I didn't end up with one, damn budget! lol
      It will be beautiful on you!!
      Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
      Grand Riviera Princess

http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
      My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

#393 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
      • 365 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:55 PM

Mel..love your dress! It looks stunning, and oddly comfortable :)

#394 Boo

Boo
        • 785 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:19 PM

deleted

#395 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
          • 365 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:43 PM

Boo- Maybe start at a smaller place on an evening that isn't so busy? I know you said that you are not sure what it is, but maybe it's the specatacle that can sometimes come with trying on dresses?
            Whatever it is- know that you will find your perfect dress. Even if you think you know what you want, and can't seem to find it, you will find it! I know I even passed by my exact dress in every magaazine without folding the page or even thinking twice about it.
            You will be beautiful no matter what!

#396 Boo

Boo
            • 785 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:41 PM

deleted

#397 jenv

jenv
              • 169 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:15 PM

wow everyone has been busy on here!!! i've been working so much and am to tired when i am in the hotel to hook up my labtop.

mel- your dresses is beautiful!!!

so i'm going to do a site visit on sunday to the grand palladuim for a week..so excited to actually see what it looks like for myself and to be able to ask questions.

christinap- so you think there is anything major i should ask them at the resort or anything since you've been planning that you are having a hard time with that i should ask? i have a tone of questions for them ..... hope your planning is going good!!!

hope everyones week is going well!!!

#398 KRama

KRama
                • 421 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:42 PM

Boo, go try on dresses! It's so much fun! Definitely try to go to when it's not too busy and take your "I may not find my dress today" attitude. Try on lots of different styles because you never know if there's one that suits you that you never thought of. I would love to go again but I'm too paranoid that I'd find a dress that I love more than the one I bought!

Totally off topic...I do not consider myself to be any kind of crafty DIYer but I went the semi-DIY route for my invites and I'm looking for an inexpensive cardstock paper to mount my invites on. So far I've ruled out Michael's. Where else can I look? (See, SO not crafty. Don't even know where to buy paper!)

#399 MayanLily

MayanLily
                  • 316 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:11 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KRama
                    Boo, go try on dresses! It's so much fun! Definitely try to go to when it's not too busy and take your "I may not find my dress today" attitude. Try on lots of different styles because you never know if there's one that suits you that you never thought of. I would love to go again but I'm too paranoid that I'd find a dress that I love more than the one I bought!

Totally off topic...I do not consider myself to be any kind of crafty DIYer but I went the semi-DIY route for my invites and I'm looking for an inexpensive cardstock paper to mount my invites on. So far I've ruled out Michael's. Where else can I look? (See, SO not crafty. Don't even know where to buy paper!)
                    I made my own STD and I pride myself on being uber-frugle so I did look around for the best deal on paper. DO NOT do Michaels, they were the most expensive. Believe it or not, the cheapest was Scrapbookers Paradise in Crowfoot. Not sure what area you are in but maybe there is another one in the city. If you call them, they will tell you exactly how much for the size you want too.
                    Aly

#400 MayanLily

MayanLily
                    • 316 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:15 AM

Is anyone bringing a Calgary Photographer with them? I was pricing some local ones and the cheapest was 1500 for only 3 hours! I might be better off paying someone to go with then we get them for the whole week...
                      Aly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users