Calgary Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#381 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
  • 365 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:39 PM

Wow Boo! You have been one busy lady!
    I am sure you would not have problems selling them at a reduced cost after you are done with them. If Pam doesn't end up using them, there is always the section on this forum that people sell stuff when they are done. Looks like people have pretty good luck. Would be nice to have someone in the city though...

#382 meldal101010

meldal101010
    • 444 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:13 AM

I went to the sale at Cameo & Cufflinks & ended up buying my dress....although it wasn't a sample. Its the dress that i've wanted form the very beginning!!

YAY!!!! :)

Here is is...

Paloma Blanca Wedding Dresses - Wedding Dress Style 4006 | Brides.com

#383 echo2_62

echo2_62
      • 1,049 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

Ooooohhh! Mel!! I totally love that dress! I've seen it, at least in pictures, before and always thought it was so pretty :) So awesome that you got the dress you've been wanting for a while - you must feel so happy about that!

#384 meldal101010

meldal101010
        • 444 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:42 AM

Soo happy about it! Its kind of a shock to actually have it ordered...everything just seems to be coming together so quickly :)

Kind of unreal....

#385 Boo

Boo
          • 785 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:00 PM

deleted

#386 echo2_62

echo2_62
            • 1,049 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:10 PM

Boo - The typical response that I got for ordering my dress was 4-6 months for delivery and 4-6 weeks for alterations. Granted that every store and every dress will be different but that was the automated reply from just about every staff member at every store I went to. Since you've got the time to try dresses on at your own pace I would recommend taking advantage of that! I was engaged barely eight months before we knew we wanted the wedding so dress shopping was a priority. Before I finally ordered mine in early September I was getting super stressed out because if you took the maximum order and alteration time (6mo + 6wks) it would basically have me at the airport on my departure date! Thankfully I had a great girl at the store who made sure I would get it on time. Also, my girlfriend who is getting married this august had been shopping with me just for kicks at that point and while she didn't order for a month or two afterwards, she was really glad that she'd started looking (and narrowing down) early on.

#387 meldal101010

meldal101010
              • 444 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:43 PM

Yeah, I was pretty nervous when I bought it as the girl said it would take anywhere from 6-8 months to get it in & another month for alterations....My wedding is in 8 months and the girl ordered me a dress that was definitley too big and I knew i would need alterations. She did say that because Paloma Blanca is a canadian designer she is usually very fast & it would probably be closer to 6 months...so fingers crossed!!!

Heres a better picture of the dress...I just couldn't post a picture earlier...

Click the image to open in full size.

#388 KRama

KRama
                • 421 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:35 PM

I LOVE that dress Mel! Did you get a great deal on it?

#389 meldal101010

meldal101010
                  • 444 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:39 PM

Unfortunatley it wasn't one of the dresses from the sample sale so I had to pay full price Seems pretty ridiculous to spend so much money on something i'll only wear for such a short time frame, but I think i'll try selling it when the wedding is over to recoup some of my money...Its really pretty though. So light and perfect for the beach :)

#390 MayanLily

MayanLily
                    • 316 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:04 PM

LOVE the dress Mel!!!!

I bought mine at C&C last week too. It is a huge relief but the day after I was having huge anxiety too. I hope that's normal. I do love mine but I kept thinking, would if this wasn't the one... I'm over it now...i think! haaahaaa
                      Aly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users