1939 replies to this topic

#191 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
  • 365 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:20 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pamphilia
    yikes!

thanks for theadsup about the shows - i was wondering if i should go on sunday or not!

how about NOT!
    You could always go for the food!

#192 pamphilia

pamphilia
    • 362 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

hmm, i had better not - i have about 90lbs to lose before my wedding!!
      ~pam

#193 KRama

KRama
      • 421 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:55 AM

haha Christina...I enjoyed the "bride" sticker too.

#194 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
        • 365 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:00 AM

Do you get to wear the bride sticker even if your wedding is planned and you are only going as a bridesmaid?

#195 echo2_62

echo2_62
          • 1,049 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:08 AM

You can certainly tell them that you're a bride too and get a sticker!!

#196 jenv

jenv
            • 169 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:38 PM

so i am going to go when i told my aunt that i wasn't going to go she got disappointed so i agreed that i would go with her... i will wear bride sticker...
              maybe i will see at the show chritinap.. what is your TA's company again i was going to call her but if she is going to be there on sunday i will talk to her then!!!

#197 CaraW

CaraW
              • 346 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:30 AM

I agree I really dislike the bridal shows now, probably because I have most planned out and just need little things that they don't supply because they don't have much for a DW.
                Also, I have to disagree about the bride sticker! I hate it!!! I actually chose not to wear my bride sticker last year because then you can browse without being harassed at every single booth. As soon as they see that bride sticker they're all over you, practically running after you. haha Ok I'm exaggerating, but it's nice to just look around and talk to the vendors that you want to talk to.

#198 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
                • 661 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:55 PM

Oh really? Hmmm I was kind of looking forward to going to the wedding Fair this weekend. I kind of figured it wouldnt be DW geared, but I was hoping to get my hair pins and neckalce/earring set if there were good prices...hmm...now gonna have to rethink this one....
                  If I do go, I will make sure I go in the afternoon for sure though. Thanks for that little tidbit of info.

Congrats to all the new brides on this thread and a shout out to the joinees to the thread. I just love it here. You gals are fabulous!

#199 pamphilia

pamphilia
                  • 362 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:24 PM

hi gals,

i thought i would come to you guys, as you know what planning for a DW is like...but i am starting to panic a little!

we are on a super tight budget...a non existant budget. everything for the wedding will be put on a credit card, and we already have lots of debt.

so i am starting to freak out about all of the "extras". i have no problems having our reception dinner at a non private restaurant, so we don't have to pay extra for food or drinks. i can keep decor to a minimum, and maybe bring my own photographer (a friend).

we may have a fair number of people for the cermony (40?), and i know it kind of depends on the resort, but they usually max out setup at 10 or 20 i think - so we may have to pay more for that.

what are the biggies i am missing that i will have to pay extra for? please tell me i can still do a DW on a tiny budget!

thank you!
                    ~pam

#200 echo2_62

echo2_62
                    • 1,049 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:48 PM

pam - I think the policies on how much "extras" you pay for will totally depend on the resort. My brother in law had around 95 people at their DW and the entire reception and wedding package was free because they had so many people. So some places you need to keep under a certain number and some you need to be over a certain number. You'll just have to do a bit extra homework when you're deciding on a resort!!

Other considerations include flowers and clothing for yourself and the wedding party, costs for activities outside the resort, cost to have an outside photographer (some resorts don't allow it at all, others you have to pay for one night accomodation or if you're lucky just a day pass), favours for your guests, gifts for the wedding party...

I'm probably forgetting lots but those were the ones off the top of my head! When you say you have a small budget, do you already have an amount in mind?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users