Jump to content

Photo

Calgary Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#1831 sswed13

sswed13
  • Jr. Member
  • 178 posts

    Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

    Yes, Angela at Fortune Nails. I've been to her many times and love her work! I will be going to get my lashes done before my wedding.



    #1832 MOrdonez

    MOrdonez
    • Jr. Member
    • 180 posts

      Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

      Originally Posted by FireyNurse 

      I had my alterations done at Carmen's Stitches, she did a wonderful job and they were super reasonably priced ($250 for the front of the dress to be hemmed, it to be taken in on both sides from armpit to thigh and belt sewn on). She works out of her home. Another bride on here in Calgary had her bridesmaid dresses done by her as well. If you are interested I can give you her number.

      Would I be able to get Carmen's info from you as well? Thanks so much!



      #1833 FireyNurse

      FireyNurse
      • Jr. Member
      • 389 posts

        Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:21 AM

        Would I be able to get Carmen's info from you as well? Thanks so much!

        Hopefully RNtoBe is still on here and can give it to you, I can't find her business card anywhere! You could also call Novia Mia Bridal and ask them for the information, they gave me the referral to Carmen.

        #1834 MOrdonez

        MOrdonez
        • Jr. Member
        • 180 posts

          Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:08 AM

          Originally Posted by FireyNurse 


          Hopefully RNtoBe is still on here and can give it to you, I can't find her business card anywhere! You could also call Novia Mia Bridal and ask them for the information, they gave me the referral to Carmen.

          Great! I will give Novia Mia a call then - Thanks so much!



          #1835 shmanderz

          shmanderz
          • Newbie
          • 108 posts
          • Wedding Date:May 10, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Beach Palace Cancun
          • LocationAirdrie, Alberta

          Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

          Hi Calgary brides!

           Just wanted to share a very bad experience I had at Ever After Bridal on 16th ave.  The lady who works there is so rude and incredibly pushy.  I went to try on a few dresses last weekend and she rushed me through my appointment not letting stand and look at the dresses I had on.  As soon as I had one off she would reach into the change room and grab the dress and put it in the bag and hang it up.  No option to look at it again or think about it and I was not allowed to take any photos.  This was annoying because my bridesmaids are from out of town and I would have liked to send them a photo of a dress that i was strongly considering.  The first dress I tried was really nice and I wanted to see it again and possible try it on one more times since.  Well I walked over to the rack to look at it and she basically bolted in front of me and blocked me saying she would get it. She pulled out the bag and held it up in front of her but did not take it out.   I asked who the designer was and she pulled out a business card and wrote down the store code for the dress and said if i wanted to see it again i had to come back to the store.  It was absolutely ridiculous.  I gave her back the card and told her where to stuff it!  Terrible customer service and absolutely no respect for someone interested in spending a few thousand dollars in their store.  I would NOT reccomend them to anyone in Calgary looking for a good dress shopping experience.  Worst store I have been to yet!



          #1836 KristieT

          KristieT
          • Jr. Member
          • 430 posts

            Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

            Originally Posted by shmanderz 

            Hi Calgary brides!

             Just wanted to share a very bad experience I had at Ever After Bridal on 16th ave.  The lady who works there is so rude and incredibly pushy.  I went to try on a few dresses last weekend and she rushed me through my appointment not letting stand and look at the dresses I had on.  As soon as I had one off she would reach into the change room and grab the dress and put it in the bag and hang it up.  No option to look at it again or think about it and I was not allowed to take any photos.  This was annoying because my bridesmaids are from out of town and I would have liked to send them a photo of a dress that i was strongly considering.  The first dress I tried was really nice and I wanted to see it again and possible try it on one more times since.  Well I walked over to the rack to look at it and she basically bolted in front of me and blocked me saying she would get it. She pulled out the bag and held it up in front of her but did not take it out.   I asked who the designer was and she pulled out a business card and wrote down the store code for the dress and said if i wanted to see it again i had to come back to the store.  It was absolutely ridiculous.  I gave her back the card and told her where to stuff it!  Terrible customer service and absolutely no respect for someone interested in spending a few thousand dollars in their store.  I would NOT reccomend them to anyone in Calgary looking for a good dress shopping experience.  Worst store I have been to yet!

            Hey!

             

            Sorry to hear about your experience! That is really horrible. I had a similar experience at the Bridal Center. They run off the same basic structure, they rip out all the designer labels so you cannot see who it is, and they tell you they have no idea. Which is a lie.

            To me - this tells me they know there is a better price on this dress and they dont want me to look it up and find it. I would never go back or recommend the bridal center.

            I suggest you try Ethos  or S2 downtown. I bought my dress there and they were great to work with. I tried on a million, they left the ones i was considering in my room and tried them on multiple times. And you can see the desinger and make of the dress.

             

            Good luck with your search!



            #1837 shmanderz

            shmanderz
            • Newbie
            • 108 posts
            • Wedding Date:May 10, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Beach Palace Cancun
            • LocationAirdrie, Alberta

            Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

            Originally Posted by KristieT 

            Hey!

             

            Sorry to hear about your experience! That is really horrible. I had a similar experience at the Bridal Center. They run off the same basic structure, they rip out all the designer labels so you cannot see who it is, and they tell you they have no idea. Which is a lie.

            To me - this tells me they know there is a better price on this dress and they dont want me to look it up and find it. I would never go back or recommend the bridal center.

            I suggest you try Ethos  or S2 downtown. I bought my dress there and they were great to work with. I tried on a million, they left the ones i was considering in my room and tried them on multiple times. And you can see the desinger and make of the dress.

             

            Good luck with your search!

             

            Thanks I will definitely check those places out.  I have an appointment tomorrow at Davids Bridal (which I am a bit hestiant about due to abd reviews) and then another at Frocks.  I willd definitely check those stores you suggested too.

             

            What sort of dress did you get?  So many I tried on were so HOT just in the store....I could only imagine what it would be like out in the Mexican sunshine lol



            #1838 KristieT

            KristieT
            • Jr. Member
            • 430 posts

              Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

              Originally Posted by shmanderz 

               

              Thanks I will definitely check those places out.  I have an appointment tomorrow at Davids Bridal (which I am a bit hestiant about due to abd reviews) and then another at Frocks.  I willd definitely check those stores you suggested too.

               

              What sort of dress did you get?  So many I tried on were so HOT just in the store....I could only imagine what it would be like out in the Mexican sunshine lol

              I ended up purchasing the Mikaella 1508 from Ethos. Here is a pic:

               

              I leave in 9 days and have had it on and off a million times for alterations and let me tell you i already wish i choose something lighter!

              I get hot and sweatly just taking it on and off!

              I really wanted a "real" wedding dress so at the time didnt care about the heat.. but hindsight i think a lighter flowy cooler dress would have been the best option. I will update you when i get back..



              #1839 jolene028

              jolene028
              • Member
              • 588 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

              Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

              Originally Posted by shmanderz 

               

              Thanks I will definitely check those places out.  I have an appointment tomorrow at Davids Bridal (which I am a bit hestiant about due to abd reviews) and then another at Frocks.  I willd definitely check those stores you suggested too.

               

              What sort of dress did you get?  So many I tried on were so HOT just in the store....I could only imagine what it would be like out in the Mexican sunshine lol

              I had a horrible experience at Davids sort of like youre ethos then I gave them another shot with bridesmaid dresses and they didnt want to help at all, they were rude and couldnt even suggest a solution to them no longer carrying the colour I wanted even though it was on their website, I won't be going back !



              #1840 MOrdonez

              MOrdonez
              • Jr. Member
              • 180 posts

                Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

                Originally Posted by shmanderz 

                 

                Thanks I will definitely check those places out.  I have an appointment tomorrow at Davids Bridal (which I am a bit hestiant about due to abd reviews) and then another at Frocks.  I willd definitely check those stores you suggested too.

                 

                What sort of dress did you get?  So many I tried on were so HOT just in the store....I could only imagine what it would be like out in the Mexican sunshine lol

                I think it's all on who you get at Davids Bridal, I got my dress there and I just love it! I went for my appointment on a Monday morning so me and my girlfriend had the store to ourselves. I had gone in there a couple other times just looking and one time I got someone good and the other....well not so good. For the price I ended up paying for my dress I didn't care.

                 

                When ordering the dress they said it would take something like two months to come in and it only took one. 

                 

                I have no idea about their alteration department though as I haven't got that part done yet. 

                 

                Novia Mia has had some great reviews if you haven't checked it out yet.






                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users