Jump to content

Photo

Calgary Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#1761 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
  • Jr. Member
  • 465 posts

    Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:03 AM


    Ya- the whole 1st class thing enticed me too - but then I realized Id miss out on all the fun of flying with the rest

    of my family and friends as we're all departing from Calgary together.
    With the way things are going with AC these days I would just rather put my wedding group in someone elses hands

    But thats just me
     

    Originally Posted by Peach 

    Yeah, I am really struggling with this one. We like West Jet, but were excited about the prospect of flying First Class... when else would we be able to do that? And with Air Canada, we could.... Only Air Canada and West Jet go to our destination.

     

    decisions decisions.
     



     



     



    #1762 jenguitard

    jenguitard
    • Newbie
    • 47 posts

      Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:31 AM


      Hello Ladies!

       

      I am fairly new to this forum and so happy to find this thread!!

       

      We are booked with Air Canada Vacations! We also preferred to book with West Jet but for whatever reason their quotes were crazy high.  We simply chose Air Canada Vacations because they were the best quotes and we have used them in the past without any issues. And....we are flying first class!!(we are pretty pumped for that!!) For every 10th person booked we also are saving 500$.  Sometimes depending on your resort you can get additional savings too:)  

      Originally Posted by Peach 

      Yeah, I am really struggling with this one. We like West Jet, but were excited about the prospect of flying First Class... when else would we be able to do that? And with Air Canada, we could.... Only Air Canada and West Jet go to our destination.

       

      decisions decisions.
       



       



       



      #1763 canadiandawn

      canadiandawn
      • Newbie
      • 15 posts

        Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

        Hi fellow Calgarians,

         

        I thought I'd jump in here and let you know where I got my dress.  I had a budget of $1000 as well (for my dress only) and I ended up spending $350.00 on my dress and my MOH and BM dresses were only $250.00 each.  I got our dresses, my veil and a corset from Sunshine Studios.  The lady who owns it is named Madonna and she is amazing.  The store is very cramped but don't let that put you off - the service is great and the prices can't be beat.

        Also, I just walked in one day without an appointment and she had no problem with it.



        #1764 KristieT

        KristieT
        • Jr. Member
        • 430 posts

          Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

           

          Originally Posted by jenguitard 


          Hello Ladies!

           

          I am fairly new to this forum and so happy to find this thread!!

           

          We are booked with Air Canada Vacations! We also preferred to book with West Jet but for whatever reason their quotes were crazy high.  We simply chose Air Canada Vacations because they were the best quotes and we have used them in the past without any issues. And....we are flying first class!!(we are pretty pumped for that!!) For every 10th person booked we also are saving 500$.  Sometimes depending on your resort you can get additional savings too:)  



           

           

          Jenny!! Welcome...

           

          Pssst. its me your dear friend.. :)

           

           



          #1765 jenguitard

          jenguitard
          • Newbie
          • 47 posts

            Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

             

            Originally Posted by KristieT 

             

             

            Jenny!! Welcome...

             

            Pssst. its me your dear friend.. :)

             

             

             

            Why thank you KristieT! I like this thread! 



            #1766 Marls

            Marls
            • Newbie
            • 20 posts

              Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

              Hi ladies,

               

              I am in the process of booking my wedding at the Grand Sirenis in Riviera Maya. Just thought that I would drop a line and hopefully get this thread active again! Your suggestions for bridal shops are great, and I will be checking them out when the time comes for sure! Right now I am just trying to get quotes for guests from Vancouver, Ottawa, Kelowna, and Halifax from Westjet and hope that they are as cheap as the Calgary quotes they have provided us with!
               



              #1767 Peach

              Peach
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,293 posts

                Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

                Hello there, Calgary brides! I just had some boudoir pictures done in Calgary at Miss Behave. It was SUCH an awesome experience, and Alix made me feel so comfortable and hot! (And I am rather self conscious!) She even kept shooting longer than I had booked, and didn't charge me, so we definitely got our money's worth!

                If any of you Calgary brides are looking to do BD pics, I highly recommend them. She just showed me a couple pics as we were shooting, not even touched up, and they looked so amazing! And I always look RIDICULOUS in photos! 

                Highly, highly, highly recommend. 

                 

                http://www.miss-behave.com/

                 

                Just a note, please. If you DO decide to go to them, please drop my name (Krysta C.), and I can get a deal towards my photos I order.

                 

                But even without that, I still recommend them! I cannot wait to see my pictures!



                #1768 Peach

                Peach
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,293 posts

                  Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

                  Anyone interested in checking out the Calgary Bridal Expo in September... Groupon has a deal on tickets today. 

                   

                  http://www.groupon.c...al-expo-1&fre=1

                   

                  Just thought I would pass that along!



                  #1769 RNtoBe

                  RNtoBe
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 255 posts

                    Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

                    I thought I'd let everyone on here know about Novia Mia bridal shop in the NW. The owner Adriana is amazing! I had been to her place a few times before with friends that were getting married. All of her dresses are under $1500 and completely custom. There are no other bridal stores that offer custom gowns at no additional cost. The dresses are made to your measurements, and if you want to change anything about dress you can. I mentioned to Adriana that I was going to buy a cheap "trash dress" and she let me know that she had a few gowns on sale for $99. I got a beautiful lace gown for $99! The service you will receive at Novia Mia is exceptional and you cannot go wrong with a custom wedding dress under $1500!



                    #1770 FireyNurse

                    FireyNurse
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 389 posts

                      Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

                      Originally Posted by RNtoBe 

                      I thought I'd let everyone on here know about Novia Mia bridal shop in the NW. The owner Adriana is amazing! I had been to her place a few times before with friends that were getting married. All of her dresses are under $1500 and completely custom. There are no other bridal stores that offer custom gowns at no additional cost. The dresses are made to your measurements, and if you want to change anything about dress you can. I mentioned to Adriana that I was going to buy a cheap "trash dress" and she let me know that she had a few gowns on sale for $99. I got a beautiful lace gown for $99! The service you will receive at Novia Mia is exceptional and you cannot go wrong with a custom wedding dress under $1500!

                      I agree with you entirely! I bought my dress at Novia Mia and took 3 different dress styles and combined them to be my dream dress. I was SO nervous how it would all turn out in the end and when I went to pick it up it was PERFECT! I do need some minor alterations done but that it because of body changes and the shape of my dress, Adriana's mother is a seamstress so I will be going to see her for my final adjustments. Novia Mia also has a fantastic selection of bling belts and additional accessories at great prices! They even do bridesmaid dresses too!! 

                       

                      I strongly recommend people check them out!

                       

                      (pics of my dress will be posted in early December after our wedding)






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users