Jump to content

Photo

Calgary Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#1751 crystalwaterwed

crystalwaterwed
  • Banned
  • 47 posts

    Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

    Any Calgary brides interested in a Get Together?  I am planning an informational night for any brides interested in coming out, meeting other brides in your area, sharing ideas, a glass of wine and your wedding plans.  Depending on the amount of people interested we could have some Resort Representatives join us and do a presentation on weddings at different resorts.  If you would like to join us please let me know what area of the city you are in so we can find a convenient location for a venue.

    Happy Planning!!!

    Victoria

    Crystal Water Weddings



    #1752 HeatherK

    HeatherK
    • Newbie
    • 24 posts

      Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

      Thanks Sunshine2680! I am actually using Romantic Planet as well and have everything booked for Dec 2012 @ Dreams Puerto Vallarta....now I just have to wait and see if people actually book! Thanks again for your suggestion!
       

      Originally Posted by Sunshine2680 

      I'm using Romantic Planet for my booking - have had an excellent experience so far. Theyre great because Weddings/Honeymoons is ALL they do..not just a standard travel agent - and they're not necessarily biased to one tour operator (i know AMA really pushes Air-Canada Vacations)
      I think their link is at the bottom of my signature if u wanna have a peek!

       



       



       



      #1753 Peach

      Peach
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,293 posts

        Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

        Hey all you Calgary brides! I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good bridal stores. I am from Lethbridge, and will probably be driving up to do my gown shopping in Calgary (unless I find something local). I have a small budget (want to spend less than $1000) and I do not want to drive all the way to Calgary, with the people coming with me also making the trip, only to not be able to afford anything in any of the stores.

         

        Any ideas would be great!



        #1754 KRama

        KRama
        • Jr. Member
        • 421 posts

          Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

          Hi Peach! I would definitely recommend Mena's Bridal on Centre St and 12 Ave in Calgary. I also had a $1000 dollar budget for my dress and they had an excellent selection. Mena herself helped me find a dress. She's been doing business there since 1985 so you know she's good!

           

          Originally Posted by Peach 

          Hey all you Calgary brides! I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good bridal stores. I am from Lethbridge, and will probably be driving up to do my gown shopping in Calgary (unless I find something local). I have a small budget (want to spend less than $1000) and I do not want to drive all the way to Calgary, with the people coming with me also making the trip, only to not be able to afford anything in any of the stores.

           

          Any ideas would be great!



           



          #1755 Peach

          Peach
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,293 posts

            Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

            Thank you! I am looking for a short dress, so I need a place with good selection. This is very good to know!
             

            Originally Posted by KRama 

            Hi Peach! I would definitely recommend Mena's Bridal on Centre St and 12 Ave in Calgary. I also had a $1000 dollar budget for my dress and they had an excellent selection. Mena herself helped me find a dress. She's been doing business there since 1985 so you know she's good!

             



             



             



            #1756 FireyNurse

            FireyNurse
            • Jr. Member
            • 389 posts

              Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:02 PM


              I'm not sure when you are coming to Calgary (or if you have already been here) but Mena's is a great place, although I wasn't able to find "the one" for me there. There is also another place called EverAfter Bridal and its on 16th Ave just north of Mena's (a few minutes drive) and they have a good selection at great prices.

               

              Where I got my dress from was NoviaMia (google or fb the company) and I was SOOOOO impressed with her service, she will have whatever you want made for you! Check her out! You need to make an appointment but she is flexible and I am sure if you tell her you are coming from out of town she will work with you. I had an idea of what I wanted and lots of pics and she is making it come to life!

              Originally Posted by Peach 

              Hey all you Calgary brides! I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good bridal stores. I am from Lethbridge, and will probably be driving up to do my gown shopping in Calgary (unless I find something local). I have a small budget (want to spend less than $1000) and I do not want to drive all the way to Calgary, with the people coming with me also making the trip, only to not be able to afford anything in any of the stores.

               

              Any ideas would be great!



               



              #1757 sswed13

              sswed13
              • Jr. Member
              • 178 posts

                Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

                Hi KristieT,

                 

                After looking at a few different TA's: Flight Centre, UniGlobe, some online ones (Destinationwedding, thomascook etc), we decided to go with AMA travel. The lady at Flight Center was not very friendly, and almost seemed commission based driven. The lady we spoke with at Uniglobe was the manager, and was excited to work with us at first, but then became very wishy-washy with the offers we wanted to inquire about. We started looking for resorts in Jan 2012 for a wedding in May-Aug 2013. Most vendors have their prices come out 14 months prior to travel for their group bookings.

                When we spoke with AMA... The service is sensational. We went to a destination wedding seminar that AMA hosted (for free!) and they gave us such amazing advice. I had an appointment booked with an AMA TA consultant for the day after the seminar and she helped us narrow down resorts. She was able to call directly to her vendors and get a quote, and got back to us in just over a week. We booked our wedding for June 2013 at the Barcelo Maya Tropical, Riviera Maya. Pricing was also an important booking factor for us and our guests. We have guests travelling from all over Canada, the US, and even abroad, and having a TA from AMA gives us such a relief to know that everything is taken care of.

                 

                Hope that helps, and happy planning
                 

                Originally Posted by KristieT 

                Hi Ladies!

                 

                I am planning my wedding at  Beach Palace for April or May 2013- Right now I am trying to confirm pricing. A reasonable price for my guests is most important to me. Any recomendations in regards to Travel Agents, AMA, Flight Centre? 



                 



                #1758 Sunshine2680

                Sunshine2680
                • Jr. Member
                • 465 posts

                  Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:40 AM


                  Did you check out Romantic Planet? We went to the AMA seminars also and enjoyed their service/presentation but they really push Air Canada Vacations which we personal can't stand...(Air Canada has made way too many mistakes in my books for me to trust my booking with them)
                  Romantic Planet is geared 100% towards group bookings for weddings. Thats ALL they do...and so far we've  had great service!
                  May want to get some quotes from both 1st before you book - thats what I did...
                  I was contemplating Tier 1 travel but when it came down to price...RPV's came through for me
                   

                  Originally Posted by sswed13 

                  Hi KristieT,

                   

                  After looking at a few different TA's: Flight Centre, UniGlobe, some online ones (Destinationwedding, thomascook etc), we decided to go with AMA travel. The lady at Flight Center was not very friendly, and almost seemed commission based driven. The lady we spoke with at Uniglobe was the manager, and was excited to work with us at first, but then became very wishy-washy with the offers we wanted to inquire about. We started looking for resorts in Jan 2012 for a wedding in May-Aug 2013. Most vendors have their prices come out 14 months prior to travel for their group bookings.

                  When we spoke with AMA... The service is sensational. We went to a destination wedding seminar that AMA hosted (for free!) and they gave us such amazing advice. I had an appointment booked with an AMA TA consultant for the day after the seminar and she helped us narrow down resorts. She was able to call directly to her vendors and get a quote, and got back to us in just over a week. We booked our wedding for June 2013 at the Barcelo Maya Tropical, Riviera Maya. Pricing was also an important booking factor for us and our guests. We have guests travelling from all over Canada, the US, and even abroad, and having a TA from AMA gives us such a relief to know that everything is taken care of.

                   

                  Hope that helps, and happy planning
                   



                   



                   



                  #1759 Sunshine2680

                  Sunshine2680
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 465 posts

                    Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

                    You should also re-consider Air-Canada simply because of the issues they're having lately. Granted there's no guarantee they'll still be having them by the time your wedding comes around..but there's also no guarantee they won't either. And I personally wouldn't chance my entire wedding group being late or worse cancelled because my pilot decided to call in sick or go on strike.
                    Totally your choice tho - just something to think about
                     

                    Originally Posted by Sunshine2680 


                    Did you check out Romantic Planet? We went to the AMA seminars also and enjoyed their service/presentation but they really push Air Canada Vacations which we personal can't stand...(Air Canada has made way too many mistakes in my books for me to trust my booking with them)
                    Romantic Planet is geared 100% towards group bookings for weddings. Thats ALL they do...and so far we've  had great service!
                    May want to get some quotes from both 1st before you book - thats what I did...
                    I was contemplating Tier 1 travel but when it came down to price...RPV's came through for me
                     



                     



                     



                    #1760 Peach

                    Peach
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,293 posts

                      Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

                      Yeah, I am really struggling with this one. We like West Jet, but were excited about the prospect of flying First Class... when else would we be able to do that? And with Air Canada, we could.... Only Air Canada and West Jet go to our destination.

                       

                      decisions decisions.
                       

                      Originally Posted by Sunshine2680 

                      You should also re-consider Air-Canada simply because of the issues they're having lately. Granted there's no guarantee they'll still be having them by the time your wedding comes around..but there's also no guarantee they won't either. And I personally wouldn't chance my entire wedding group being late or worse cancelled because my pilot decided to call in sick or go on strike.
                      Totally your choice tho - just something to think about
                       



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users