Photo

Calgary Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#1661 proti007

proti007
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:10 PM

It's just all the cost wrapped up together. We have one of the ceremonies paid for in our package, but because we wanted a dual legal/symbolic, we have to pay for one separately (so $550). Plus blood work when we get to Mexico is $220 x 2. Then we have to get our Apostille Birth Certificates, so first we have to order long form birth certificates from the government ($60 each) then send them in to a company to have them certified ($250 plus fees for each doc x 2). So that's $1610 USD. The problem was we didn't know exactly how much it was going to get the Apostille Birth Certificates. We knew it would be $250 "plus fees" but when we found out they needed to take them to the Mexican Consulate in Ottawa, I told my fiance to forget it. Way too complicated!!!

Originally Posted by JBean 

What??!!! $2000? Is that what your resort is charging??

#1662 proti007

proti007
    • 467 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

Sounds good Sandy! Tuesday June 7th works for me as well. Anyone else in? We can definitely do Una, it's delicious! There's also a new pizza place that opened in Inglewood that's suppose to be great too (called Without Papers, where Nectar use to be). I'm game for whatever.

#1663 MissNatalie18

MissNatalie18
      • 172 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:33 PM

I am game for anything as well...and the 7th works for me :)

#1664 MissNatalie18

MissNatalie18
        • 172 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:35 PM

http://vimeo.com/24383300

Also ladies, you can see 2 videos on this site of my wedding day.  I think one shows up on the side (Natalie and Jay) and you might have to go to "see all" videos, so you can see the other one.

Enjoy!

#1665 JBean

JBean
          • 429 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

Really? I heard it cost about $600 all together. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the heads up.

Originally Posted by proti007 

It's just all the cost wrapped up together. We have one of the ceremonies paid for in our package, but because we wanted a dual legal/symbolic, we have to pay for one separately (so $550). Plus blood work when we get to Mexico is $220 x 2. Then we have to get our Apostille Birth Certificates, so first we have to order long form birth certificates from the government ($60 each) then send them in to a company to have them certified ($250 plus fees for each doc x 2). So that's $1610 USD. The problem was we didn't know exactly how much it was going to get the Apostille Birth Certificates. We knew it would be $250 "plus fees" but when we found out they needed to take them to the Mexican Consulate in Ottawa, I told my fiance to forget it. Way too complicated!!!

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
            Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
            Bride & Groom + 29

#1666 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
            • 355 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

Wow Natalie! I only saw one of the videos but it's amazing!! Sorta makes me wish I could go back and get video at our wedding :) So work has scheduled a dinner on Tues the 7th that I have to go to :( It's for my boss, otherwise I would've tried to get out of it. Any chance we could do the 9th or 14th instead?
              Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

#1667 star18

star18
              • 201 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:43 PM

Beautiful videos! love your bridesmaid dresses, I am looking for something modern and not your typical bridesmaid dress. Where did you guys buy your dresses?

Originally Posted by MissNatalie18 

http://vimeo.com/24383300

Also ladies, you can see 2 videos on this site of my wedding day.  I think one shows up on the side (Natalie and Jay) and you might have to go to "see all" videos, so you can see the other one.

Enjoy!

#1668 proti007

proti007
                • 467 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:48 AM

Sandy, why don't we do the 14th instead? Nat does that work for you too?

Originally Posted by Canadiansandy 

Wow Natalie! I only saw one of the videos but it's amazing!! Sorta makes me wish I could go back and get video at our wedding :)

So work has scheduled a dinner on Tues the 7th that I have to go to It's for my boss, otherwise I would've tried to get out of it. Any chance we could do the 9th or 14th instead?

#1669 MissNatalie18

MissNatalie18
                  • 172 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:31 PM

So sorry guys but I am in Toronto for my AHR!! I leave the 10th and I am back the 20th! Star - I got my dresses at H&M for 40 dollars last summer. Thanks for the video compliments!

#1670 proti007

proti007
                    • 467 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:32 AM

Hey guys! Here's a link to my thread on the pre-travel brochures & luggage tags I made:

http://www.bestdesti...-pics-templates

Natalie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users