Photo

Calgary Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#1621 proti007

proti007
  • 467 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:36 PM

Totally concur with Nat! Congrats to the brand new WIFE! Happy wedding day Sandy!!!

#1622 star18

star18
    • 201 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:05 PM

Congrats Sandy!!! Enjoy every moment! :)

#1623 KRama

KRama
      • 421 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:03 PM

Kind of a random question...can anyone recommend a good waxing place in the NW??

#1624 all the love

all the love
        • Site Supporter
        • 133 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:38 PM

For eyebrows, I use Edges up at Crowfoot. For bikini, I prefer sugaring to waxing. She's not in the NW, but I use Maika at Gimme Some Sugar. She is AMAZING, totally worth the longer drive.

Originally Posted by KRama 

Kind of a random question...can anyone recommend a good waxing place in the NW??

#1625 star18

star18
          • 201 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:09 PM

I have been to "The Spa Ritual" in Crowfoot for massages and it is amazing!!!! I am going to go and get my eyebrows done in the summer and I have a gift certificate for a facial I have to use...love this place!! :)

#1626 proti007

proti007
            • 467 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

I go to Jen at Tranquil Escape. They recently moved from Discovery Ridge to Westgate, in the SW. She's awesome; I go to her for bikini waxes (quick and pain-free!). www.tranquilescape.ca

#1627 KRama

KRama
              • 421 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

Thanks girls! I'll look into these for sure!

#1628 star18

star18
                • 201 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

I just had a facial and scalp massage (a gift from my fiance) at "The Spa Ritual".....AMAZING!!!! Love this place!!! :)

#1629 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
                  • 465 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:15 AM

Hiya ladies - just wondering if any of you Calgary Brides (past/present/future) - are bringing your own photographer from Calgary?

My resort is extremely restrictive with bringing an outside photographer in - either I have to use theirs or bring my own (aka they're a guest at my wedding)

I'm starting to considering bringing my own as I think part of the photography experience for your wedding day is the photographer getting to know you as a couple - so they can figure out what kind of shots to do.
                    Not only that - our engagement pictures didn't turn out very good - so if we bring our photog down from Calgary - we could probably incorporate some engagement shots when we arrive in Mexico
                    Also - found out the resort photog wants like $2800 for only 160 photos!! I feel thats a bit of a rip off!  I haven't met with any Calgary photographers yet - but I'm betting for that amount of money I will get a lot more than 160 photos!

#1630 KRama

KRama
                    • 421 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:48 AM

Hi Sunshine, I brought my own photographer from Calgary, who is a very good friend of mine, and I got married at the same resort! Best decision ever. The photogs there are amazing but yes, they are pricey!

Here's the link to Julie's blog: http://j2bailey.blogspot.com/

My pics are in the June 2010 archive if you want to check them out.

Another friend of mine, Carla, has done a number of destination weddings (they're her favorite!). Here's her website:http://www.shiphotog....com/index2.php

Just about all her pics are of my friends! She gives you ALL the photos on a CD so you can do whatever you like with them.

Hope that helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users