Photo

Calgary Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#141 KRama

KRama
  • 421 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:57 PM

Thanks so much for the support ladies. The funeral is tomorrow so that's going to be the hardest part. This forum has been a great outlet and escape from reality when I need it. Everyone's excitement is so contagious and the support is truly genuine.

This is the article in the Herald today about the accident:
    Tragic end for Okotoks hockey star killed on icy road

She was an amazing person and will be sorely missed.

#142 kris

kris
    • 506 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:21 AM

I just read about this in the paper today. It was so sad but on the bright side they did a really good write up about her and its sounds like she really enjoyed life/ was very involved etc. I am so sorry this happened and my thoughts are with you!

#143 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
      • 661 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

They did a very nice write-up...Thanks for posting that as I dont get the herald. So sorry again for your loss.

On a side note - Anyone going to the wedding fair on the 24th in Calgary??

#144 SheriB

SheriB
        • 597 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:48 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jennybell1

On a side note - Anyone going to the wedding fair on the 24th in Calgary??
          I was thinking about it. There is also one on the 17th - does anyone know anything about them - which one might be better? I don't think there is much that will apply to my wedding really but it might be fun anyways.

#145 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
          • 365 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:10 PM

I didn't know about the one on the 17th, but we will be going to the one on the 24th. I went to the one last year too, but that was before we decided to do a DW. Now another of my friends got engaged, so I will go with her. My TA has a booth on the later one too, so it will be nice to see her.
            I'm going to be a Bridesmaid again too. One more dress to add to the collection! And she is going to do a DW too, so actually pretty pumped about that. I will send her a referral to the forum too, and I am sure you will see her on this thread before long!

#146 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
            • 5,466 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:36 PM

Hey girls! We just got home from our wedding and honeymoon and it was amazing!! I am going to try to catch up on everything this weekend but hope everyone had an amazing christmas and new years!

#147 SheriB

SheriB
              • 597 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:36 AM

Welcome home Nadine!! You look hot, hot hot! Can't wait to hear all about it...

#148 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
                • 417 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:39 AM

Welcome Home Nadine! Your dress is gorgeous!!!
                  KRama, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I have been away from the computer for a couple of days. I read the article in the herald, it was beautiful. I am so sorry to hear that she was so close to you. My heart and thoughts are with you and your family.

#149 KRama

KRama
                  • 421 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:58 PM

Thanks again for your kind comments ladies.

Nadine, you looked fabulous!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

#150 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
                    • 365 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:09 PM

Welcome home Nadine! Can't wait to see more pics. Gonna' have to agree with the rest of the ladies...youi looked HOT!!! Can't wait to hear about all the details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users