Calgary Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#1451 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
  • 376 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:50 PM

Count me in for the 2nd!

For disposable cameras, I've seen a pack of 5 in the wedding section at Michaels.  Cant remember the exact price, but I do remember thinking it was a pretty good deal if bought with one of those 50% coupons.

We just had our religious ceremony this past weekend!  I had always said that I wasn't going to consider it a real wedding at all, but I do have to admit that I feel a bit married lol.  Totally cant wait for our "real" wedding in Mexico now!

#1452 lsmith211

lsmith211
    • 168 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:37 AM

Hi ladies - did any of you have to get your documents notarized to send to the resort?  If so, any recommendations on where to get them done?  Seems like the pricing is crazy for the few I found that post prices (like $60 a document and we have 4).  Appreciate any suggestions!

#1453 MissNatalie18

MissNatalie18
      • 172 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:42 AM

Hey Ladies,

I have booked a reso for 4 of us - Linds, Sandy, Rajini and myself - if anyone else wants to join feel free.

We will be at O Lounge in Kennsington - reso is for 6PM under my name.

I am looking forward to this meeting - can wait to see Linds and Rajini before their weddings this month!

Nat

#1454 Lindslou

Lindslou
        • 187 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:29 AM

Just to confirm, this is the same place we met at last time, right?

Originally Posted by MissNatalie18 

Hey Ladies,

I have booked a reso for 4 of us - Linds, Sandy, Rajini and myself - if anyone else wants to join feel free.

We will be at O Lounge in Kennsington - reso is for 6PM under my name.

I am looking forward to this meeting - can wait to see Linds and Rajini before their weddings this month!

Nat

Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba

http://tickers.Ticke....35f2/event.png

#1455 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
          • 355 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:44 AM

Just wanted to confirm the same! We're meeting at O, in Marda Loop, same place as last time?

Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

#1456 bryanandchar

bryanandchar
            • Site Supporter
            • 165 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

I just went to a notary in town (Calgary Mobile Notary) - we had 4 documents but they copied 2 documents/page (eg. passport and birth cert), so it wasn't as bad of a cost. The big cost I wasn't expecting was the price to Fed-Ex to Jamaica - $70! But, I think all that together is still cheaper than doing a legal ceremony locally. I think it helps if you know someone!!

Originally Posted by lsmith211 

Hi ladies - did any of you have to get your documents notarized to send to the resort?  If so, any recommendations on where to get them done?  Seems like the pricing is crazy for the few I found that post prices (like $60 a document and we have 4).  Appreciate any suggestions!

#1457 lsmith211

lsmith211
              • 168 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:10 PM

Thanks Char!  Luckily I only have to fax them to the resort, that fedex charge is crazy!

#1458 MissNatalie18

MissNatalie18
                • 172 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:40 AM

Sorry Ladies - I guess it really shoes that I am still new to Calgary.

Yes Marda Loop same place, not Kensington.

see you all there.

Natalie

#1459 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
                  • 376 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:54 AM

If anyone is still looking for cheap beach cover-ups or dresses, the Fairweather in Deerfoot Outlet Mall (off Deerfoot and 64 ave NE) is clearing out everything and they had a TON of stuff!  Lot of things that are 3 for $10 and 3 for $20.  My MIL and I practically cleaned out the place lol. 

We had our legal stuff done this weekend!  I keep calling him husband and he keeps telling me not to wear that out before our "real" wedding in Mexico, but I cant help myself haha.  It feels nice though :)

#1460 proti007

proti007
                    • 467 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:47 PM

Congrats on being a wifey! So exciting :) I've still got 170 days until I can call Greg husband!

Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin 

If anyone is still looking for cheap beach cover-ups or dresses, the Fairweather in Deerfoot Outlet Mall (off Deerfoot and 64 ave NE) is clearing out everything and they had a TON of stuff!  Lot of things that are 3 for $10 and 3 for $20.  My MIL and I practically cleaned out the place lol. 

We had our legal stuff done this weekend!  I keep calling him husband and he keeps telling me not to wear that out before our "real" wedding in Mexico, but I cant help myself haha.  It feels nice though :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users