Calgary Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#1421 nandrwed2011

nandrwed2011
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:07 AM

Hey Everyone!!

We are getting married in Maui November of this year!!!  I found my main dress (totally wasn't expecting to find it so quick!) but need to find a cheap beachy dress for our TTD shoot.  Does anyone have any tips on finding out about sample sales or big blowout sales?

Thanks in advance!

#1422 proti007

proti007
    • 467 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

Congrats! I would suggest hitting up The Wedding Fair next Sunday @ the BMO Centre next Sunday. Many of the vendors there will be selling off the rack. Good luck!

Originally Posted by nandrwed2011 

Hey Everyone!!

We are getting married in Maui November of this year!!!  I found my main dress (totally wasn't expecting to find it so quick!) but need to find a cheap beachy dress for our TTD shoot.  Does anyone have any tips on finding out about sample sales or big blowout sales?

Thanks in advance!

#1423 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
      • 355 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:55 PM

Congrats Natalie!! So happy to hear that things are working out with your wedding group :)

Great news girls - I've ordered my wedding band! I'm having it custom made at Troy Shoppe Jewellers in Bridgeland. The people there are phenomenal, I felt so confident discussing what I wanted and what I could have done - they definitely know what they're doing. Plus their quote was $800 less than Alberta Diamond Exchange (do NOT recommend them!). The only downside is that they need my e-ring for 2-3 weeks and my hand feels so naked!! Lol

I'm totally up for a meet up - we could try for the first week of Feb? I'm pretty flexible these days so whatever works for most people!

Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

#1424 Lindslou

Lindslou
        • 187 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:11 AM

Sandy that is so exciting!!!  Hopefully the time flys without your ring.  I'm good to meet up the first week of Feb too.  Anytime is good, my days are pretty open - surprising.  The week after that would be out of the question. 

Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba

http://tickers.Ticke....35f2/event.png

#1425 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
          • 376 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:14 PM

Congrats!  Definitely check out the wedding fair as was already suggested.  Also sign up for the mailing lists at some of the bridal stores around Calgary (and Edmonton if you dont mind driving there)... they usually send out notices when sample sales are coming up. 

Originally Posted by nandrwed2011 

Hey Everyone!!

Thanks in advance!

Sandy - I feel your pain!  My e-ring has also been taken away while my band is being made.  I swear my ring has spent more time with our jeweller than actually on my hand lol.  Hopefully we get them back soon :)

First week of Feb is perfect for meeting up, count me in.  I'm pretty much available any evening that works for everyone else. 

#1426 MissNatalie18

MissNatalie18
            • 172 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

Hey Ladies - I am without E-Ring as well - I left mine in Toronto on Dec 23rd and still have no idea when it will be done :(  I had my bridal shower without it on!!!

First week of Feb works good for me as well, but only on the 2nd, my Daddy is coming in the night of the 3rd for the weekend and we are going skiing in Lake Louise and staying at the Banff Springs!  I am so excited - totally a Daddy's girl.

Let me know if Wednesday the 2nd works for you all - we could do it at O again?  I really enjoyed it there, and parking is perfect!

Natalie

#1427 Lindslou

Lindslou
              • 187 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

Sure that works for me....

Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba

http://tickers.Ticke....35f2/event.png

#1428 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
                • 355 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

Count me in! Wednesday Feb 2nd works for me, and I really liked O. (Natalie - lucky you! The Banff Springs is gorgeous!!)

Glad to know I'm not the only one suffering from phantom e-ring syndrome ;)

Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

#1429 proti007

proti007
                  • 467 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

lol that's so funny that everyone is missing their e-rings right now! I feel your pain. Mine was gone for almost 2 weeks before the holidays getting sizing balls put in. Glad to have it back :)

The second works fine by me! I got my invitation samples, which I'll be sure to bring! Hurray!

#1430 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
                    • 376 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:46 PM

I'm good for the 2nd and O works for me too.  I hope to be able to show up and say I am now done everything I need to do :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users