Calgary Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#1301 Lindslou

Lindslou
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:34 PM

Hi Ladies

I have a bit of problem.  My FI still has not gotten his and GM attire.  He would like to wear cargo shorts and button up shirts.  I'm not worried about the shirt but short season has long passed.  I have been looking on line but not sure where to start.  Do you guys have any suggestions on where to find shorts this time of year?

Help, thanks!!

Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba

http://tickers.Ticke....35f2/event.png

#1302 proti007

proti007
    • 467 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:15 PM

Linds, your best bet is Tommy Bahama (

Hi Ladies

I have a bit of problem.  My FI still has not gotten his and GM attire.  He would like to wear cargo shorts and button up shirts.  I'm not worried about the shirt but short season has long passed.  I have been looking on line but not sure where to start.  Do you guys have any suggestions on where to find shorts this time of year?

Help, thanks!!

#1303 Lindslou

Lindslou
      • 187 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:00 AM

Thanks Proti, I looked at Tommy online and since we are buying the GM attire, I really didn't want to spend $100 on 1 pair of shorts It will be the last resort if we can't find anything else.  Now I just have to get FI to go to a mall.....

#1304 KRama

KRama
        • 421 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:46 AM

Lindslou - head to outlets! We picked up my hubby's outfit this time of year last year at the MEXX outlet in Westhills. They usually still have plenty of their summer collections and at really cheap prices. We bought his whole suit for $100.

#1305 proti007

proti007
          • 467 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:48 AM

I know Linds, they are WAY overpriced (online and regular store) but they should have some good deals at the outlet! Other than that you might have to wait until December/January, you'd be surprised but a lot of stores start getting spring/resort wear. A few years ago I went to Australia in mid-Jan (their summer) and I managed to find heaps of stuff at Old Navy before I left (around December).

#1306 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
            • 376 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:36 AM

not sure how you feel about ordering online, but a lot of ppl on this forum seem to be happy with Studio Suits!  We're going to try that for FIs suit... and if that doesn't work out, run scrambling around Calgary to find something else

#1307 pamphilia

pamphilia
              • 362 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

they aren't cargos, but you can fins shorts here:  http://www.islandimp...home.php?cat=13

we purchased FIs linen shirt from here, and it is great quality.

~pam

#1308 Lindslou

Lindslou
                • 187 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:10 PM

Thank you girls, you have all been a huge help.  I have sent the island importer site to FI for approval if he doesn't like than I'm dragging him to Cross Iron

#1309 MenLing

MenLing
                  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:24 AM

Hello ladies... Just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with a seamstress names Elda.  She was recommended to me by Ingrid at Olga's Fabric Lane.

Thanks!

#1310 dmkn77

dmkn77
                    • 164 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:18 PM

I gotta get the FI's outfit too, I'll have to check out MEXX in westhills, since we live 10 min from there! Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users