• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#101 CaraW

CaraW
  • 346 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:20 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by *Nadine*
    That will be good for you to go back to school once you figure out what you want to do Cara. Are you thinking engineering? Or a technologist? Or switching fields all together? Im actually going back to school in January (the week after I get home from my honeymoon) for my MBA. Will eventually make my way out of engineering I think.
    I'm thinking of maybe looking into becoming an engineering tech. I am in the production side of things right now and I really like where I'm at. I like to know what the wells are doing and I find it interesting. I don't think land would be for me, and I considered geology a while ago too but changed my mind there too. I'm very undecided!

Cara

#102 Sherry

Sherry
    • 390 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:58 PM

Engineering tech sounds like a great option Cara. It's so hard to decide though!

#103 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
      • 5,466 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:44 PM

Yah I think it sounds like a good fit for you if you like it Cara. I think my problem is that I went to school for biomedical engineering but wound up in oil and gas b/c there isnt much around Alberta for biomed-at least when i first was looking for a job five years ago. If I could get back into that I think I would really really enjoy it. But for now, school it is!

#104 kris

kris
        • 506 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:18 PM

I feel a little out of place here..haha ..Im definately NOT in O&G and dont work downtown but would definately be down for getting lunch in the new year.I currently work in the automotive industry and will hopefully going back to school in september for interior design for the next 4 years years of my life (fingers crossed, I get accepted:)

#105 Sherry

Sherry
          • 390 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:56 AM

You're not out of place Kris, just more interesting than the rest of us, ha ha! Interior design sounds awesome - I'm jealous!!

#106 CaraW

CaraW
            • 346 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:28 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by kris
              I feel a little out of place here..haha ..Im definately NOT in O&G and dont work downtown but would definately be down for getting lunch in the new year.I currently work in the automotive industry and will hopefully going back to school in september for interior design for the next 4 years years of my life (fingers crossed, I get accepted:)
              What do you do in the automotive industry kris?

#107 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
              • 5,466 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:12 PM

so i think its totally almost been established that Sherry and I work for the same company! hahahha

#108 kris

kris
                • 506 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:28 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by *Nadine*
                  so i think its totally almost been established that Sherry and I work for the same company! hahahha
                  Thats crazy that you 2 found that out this way!!

Cara, I used to be a service advisor for ford but it was definately the worst job on the face of the planet...good money though....when I couldnt take it anymore I moved to Line-x , they do polyurethane coatings (spray in boxliners and lots of industrial stuff) and I do accounting,benefits, payroll and pretty much run the company lol :) Hopefully not for much longer..I cant wait to be a student again :)

#109 Sherry

Sherry
                  • 390 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:02 PM

Yeah, it's totally crazy, and think it's a definite. In fact, I think (based on the Who's Who... Nadine will know what this means) we are like 2 floors apart, on the same freaking side of the building!

#110 KRama

KRama
                    • 421 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:18 PM

My dress is in! My dress is in! WOOT WOOT!

Sorry, little excited. They had told me it would be in near the end of January!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users