Calgary Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#1021 Lindslou

Lindslou
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:45 PM

Hey Eryn

So exciting that you found your dress!!!!!  Hope we get to see pics.  I also bought my dress at Cameo & Cufflinks and just loved it there.  One of my friends is shopping for her dress now too and I can't wait to take her there.  Plus I get to visit my dress (sample)

Thanks for the info on Connie's I will definitly take my dress to her

I also went to Golden Brides and was shocked at the # of dresses in there.  I like some but didn't find anything that I loved.  But I have to say they had a huge selection and in every size.

Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba

http://tickers.Ticke....35f2/event.png

#1022 sstryker

sstryker
    • 42 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:49 PM

Hi Ladies!

Another Calgary bride here! I did not know this thread existed.

We're getting married Dec 8, 2010 at Dreams Tulum.

Sounds like you all have been very busy. Congrats!

#1023 pamphilia

pamphilia
      • 362 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

Eryn - I realized as soon as I saw your name that I didn't respond to your last email.  I am such a twit.  So sorry about that, I wasn't ignoring you!  That is so exciting that you found your dress.  I agree, the customer service at Cameo and the Parisian is awesome!  Can we see pics of your dress??

Staci - welcome!

~pam

#1024 kristaJason2011

kristaJason2011
        • 14 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

Hi Ladies, 

My name is Krista and I'm an Invermere, BC bride but I shop in Calgary.  This forum is great.  Thank for the wonderful tips on where to shop and the other great ideas.

I am getting married at Dreams Tulum in January 2011.

#1025 linzappa

linzappa
          • 12 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:31 PM

Hey gals!  

I get married in Cabo, Mexico in November of this year and haven't yet gone dress shopping.  aaah!!

I actually would like to get a yellow dress..maybe something that flows and possibly with a bohemian style...  a tall order i know!

any suggestions on where in calgary may have a dress to this description?

Thanks!

Lindsey

#1026 echo2_62

echo2_62
            • 1,049 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by BeachBrideSoon 

Lindsey and Meghan, I got a BM dress altered at Connie’s before and she did a great job!(I too know others who have used her for alterations and they were happy!)  Great price and she was very personable!  Let me know how it goes Lindsey!

Sandy, The Ella dress you are eyeing is GORGEOUS!!! I love the May the fourth be with you!  I’m totally opposite a Star Wars fan and I even think its pretty neat!

I had to laugh when I read the "May the fourth be with you" comment, even though I don't know who it originated with on here, because my aunt and uncle got married years ago on that date and it's always been a running family joke since! This is the first place I've ever heard anyone say it outside my family! LOL!

#1027 T&C

T&C
              • 168 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:51 AM

Try looking at bridesmaid dresses! Some are very beach wedding appropriate and would come in yellow!

You'd better get on your shopping, though! November is just a few short months away!!!

Originally Posted by linzappa 

Hey gals!  

I get married in Cabo, Mexico in November of this year and haven't yet gone dress shopping.  aaah!!

I actually would like to get a yellow dress..maybe something that flows and possibly with a bohemian style...  a tall order i know!

any suggestions on where in calgary may have a dress to this description?

Thanks!

Lindsey

#1028 T&C

T&C
                • 168 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:55 AM

Lindz - Check out the dessy site!

http://www.dessy.com...ridesmaid/2805/

You can view the dresses in the colour swatches, as well!!

#1029 BeachBrideSoon

BeachBrideSoon
                  • 193 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by pamphilia 

Eryn - I realized as soon as I saw your name that I didn't respond to your last email.  I am such a twit.  So sorry about that, I wasn't ignoring you!  That is so exciting that you found your dress.  I agree, the customer service at Cameo and the Parisian is awesome!  Can we see pics of your dress??

Staci - welcome!

Pam - no worries!  I know we are all busy busy!  I'm going to send you a message right now about chair sashes!  I might share pics of the dress, not sure yet(not sure who might linger on here)!

WELCOME - Krista, Staci and Lindsey!

Lindsey- I'm sure you will be able to find what you're looking for...once you get out shopping!  :)

BeachBrideSoon

#1030 pamphilia

pamphilia
                    • 362 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:02 AM

Eryn, definitely share pics of the dress...just crop your head out!

Welcome to all of the newcomers...and Lindsey, you should check out what Bill Levkoff has in Bridesmaid dresses.  Several may fit your description...i love this one:

http://www.billlevko...style-633/1080/

it comes in a yellow colour as well, it just can't be viewed online.  i thought of this one for my own dress.

good luck!

~pam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users