Calgary Brides!

KRama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Ha ha glad you found the trip worth while

Okie, a bit of a crises. I started shopping with my girls for bridesmaid dresses, and way too late I fear smile35.gif we went to winners, there is nothing that I can find!!! its all clearance this and clearance that, its easier to find a sweater than a summer dress, frick!

so one of the girls is dying to find this
Calvin Klein Women's Solid Sundress | Overstock.com

I cant even find it online, I need it in size 6, any thoughtshuh.gif?
Did you look at Winners on 130th. I swear I saw that dress there. I was there a couple weeks ago and wanted to go back to get one for me and I know it was Calvin Klein. Is it not available at Overstock? Thanks for the info on that site, I have a feeling that I might be shopping on line too cause I'm not finding anything in the stores either.

Guys, I went to Chinook the other day and in Jacob Connexion they have the perfect dress that is slightly similar feel to the Calvin one, except it is coral...a beautiful coral colour that would be stunning on the beach. It is the same material as the Calvin one and looks quite similar, however there is a belt on it in navy blue and white stripes, however it comes off. They are located on the right side of the store if you are facing the front just before the change rooms. The dress comes in white and black as well. I wish I could show you ladies a picture, but the website doesn't show it.

I hope this might work for someone...it is $89 dollars.

Hello ladies,

I haven't been around in a looong while and looks like I missed the get together already

sad.gif HOpe everyone is doing well and planning

I am actually hoping for your help for my friend who is getting married next May in Dominican (for real getting married, not like me...) I remember when I booked last summer for my was-to-be wedding this past May, I put down a small deposit for groom and myself and that held the group booking for 90 days for our guests. It guaranteed the price. There were others that I would have had to put down a giant deposit, but it still would have held the group price.

My friend is being told that she has to put down a deposit for every guest she expects to come within the next 7 days, but they will not hold any more spots at the price she got past that 7 days without deposit.

What did you all have to do in regards to deposits and holding your prices and group bookings?

thanks in advance for your help!

Christina

Hi Christina,

It's good to see you on here again. Hope you're doing well. Don't worry, we will do another get together. I wasn't able to go to the last one so I sure hope we do.

With us our guests all had to put down a deposit to hold their spot. But I know with other travel companies they wanted us to put down a deposit of around $2000, which would go towards our full payment, but that would hold our group spot.

the deposit and the time frame changes with each individual Tour Operator (Sunquest, Westjet Vacations etc).

I am a travel agent, and we just got a notice that Sunquest now has a no-deposit policy now for weddings! just the bride and groom need to put down their deposit to hold the group price for up to 30 guests. any guests above 30 need to put down their own deposits.

the majority of operators, however, want a deposit for each guest.

usually there is a holding period of around 2-4 weeks...

hope this helps!

hope this helps!

Hey Ladies,

Is everyone ramping up for Stampede? So I made my first BDW purchase, and am waiting for a new pair of shoes and a nice flower for my hair...I hope the shoes fit, they are gorgeous and they will be my shoes for the wedding! I thought I had my resort all picked and ready to go, and then at the last minute, TA said the prices went up $100. I am super upset and now have to try and find this resort (paradisus palma real) at a cheaper prices from other agents...I am just freaking that I won't be able to get the price I need which is max 1750/person. I had a back up plan of another hotel, but my family doesn't want to stay at that one sad.gif I am super stressed, and I think the lack of a job is not helping, as I have way to much time on my hands.

Don't forget we are meeting july 29th this months, the last Thursday at Melrose...maybe we can get a count of who can attend so I can make some reso's!

Hey Christina

We are travelling with Air Canada. We had to put down a minimum of 10 deposits ($150) to get the group rate. However, we paid for 12, they have all been filled. those that have booked after are still getting the same rate but it is not guaranteed.

Natalie, the 29th sounds great, looking forward to it :)

I'm definitely in for the 29th! Can't wait!

I'm going dress shopping on the 23rd (a full day of it with my mom and cousin/BM) so hopefully I'll have some exciting news when we all meet up!

Btw, I was at Cross Iron Mills last week and they had some beautiful short silver/light grey dresses at RW for only $50 ea. Not our colours unfortunately - but would make gorgeous BM dresses.