KRama

Calgary Brides!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldal101010 View Post
Does anyone know a good place to buy chair sashes in the city? I'd rather try to find a place to get them here then order online & pay crazy shipping.

Thanks ladies :)
Chair Flair rents them for $1/sash. I might do that...maybe... then again I really don't know if I can bother dragging 40 sashes there AND back. Might be worth it to just pay the resort. Is that an option at your resort or are you just thinking it might be too expensive?

Hi again Natalie!!!
May long was not the best weekend weather wise to come.... it'll get better. I promise! We were all talking a while back about getting together. What about a random Starbucks somewhere for coffee. What area is everyone in? I'm in the NW... well Cochrane so close enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldal101010 View Post
Does anyone know a good place to buy chair sashes in the city? I'd rather try to find a place to get them here then order online & pay crazy shipping.

Thanks ladies :)
Not really sash related but gotta love your Mika profile picture :)

Oh Ladies...all these responses make me so happy. I actually am from Oakville, born and raised (for those of you that don't know that is about 20 minutes from Toronto), but for the past 4 years I have lived in downtown Toronto. I love it here so much, so Calgary is going to take some big getting use to. I am not sure if you guys ever get together to talk wedding details etc. but maybe if you are all open to it we could meet one night downtown all together. It will be fun, and I am dying to find out where the hot spots are in Cowtown!!! My first week is June 7th, so anytime after that works for me!

I am so the wrong person to ask about "hot spots" I haven't been out in Calgary since Cowboys was on 9th and then you could walk over to The Drink (which doesn't even exist anymore I don't think)

Did you find a job here yet Natalie?

HAHA...okay well I am game for anywhere. I am not a huge drinker, but a nice glass of wine and some appetizers always makes me happy. I am fine to meet wherever you guys want. I don't have a job yet. I might stay with my current company and work as an agent in Calgary. I am a recruiter in Toronto, so I may open up the Calgary market for my company. If that doesn't work I am on the hunt for a sales job!

i am in the South East (McKenzie Towne)... and am not big on the driving after dark (i have bad eyes) but i would love to meet up somewhere and will try my best!

Natalie - growing up in Mississauga, i spent a lot of time in Oakville - i love it there.

Mayan - thanks for the Chair Flair info. i was going to purchase sashes for $1 each, but of course, with shipping, it ends up being much more. i think renting sashes at my resort is at least $2 each and i just cant justify paying twice as much as i have to. i can drag them there and back i think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayanLily View Post
Chair Flair rents them for $1/sash. I might do that...maybe... then again I really don't know if I can bother dragging 40 sashes there AND back. Might be worth it to just pay the resort. Is that an option at your resort or are you just thinking it might be too expensive?

Hi again Natalie!!!
May long was not the best weekend weather wise to come.... it'll get better. I promise! We were all talking a while back about getting together. What about a random Starbucks somewhere for coffee. What area is everyone in? I'm in the NW... well Cochrane so close enough.
Thanks Aly for the info on the Chair Flair rentals. I just checked out their website and it said .50 for rental if you do it yourself, which we will be but I wonder if you rent it for a week maybe then it would cost $1?? It also said you could get an off season discount from November - April. I remember when I went to a Bridal show a few months ago a rental company was there(I will try to find the info) and they said because it was off season it didn't really matter to her how long they were gone for as long as nothing else is planned with them!

I would be up for meeting at a random Starbucks too! I love talking wedding stuff :) I'm in far south Calgary but anywhere is good for me, I work in the NW.

It sounds like we are all spread out - so it sounds like DT Calgary might be the best idea. If we could narrow down a time then we would have a better idea of where we could meet uphuh.gif What about Melrose on 17th? Its somewhat of a hot spot especially on warm days and patio weather...and it defintely is a good spot for people watching....or Cailey's (spelling?)pub??