KRama

Calgary Brides!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRama View Post
Well ladies, I guess I'm officially a Mrs! We had our legal ceremony on Friday and it was perfect. Exactly what we wanted. Our friends showed up at our place and we said "we just need to do something before we go for dinner...we're kind of getting married right now". They just laughed and were thrilled to be part of it. We had the ceremony right there in our living room and our officiant Jackie had a great casual program and threw in stuff like "do you Kayley vow to never give Jeremy a hard time when he wants a guy's night out?" and "do you Jeremy accept that Kayley will buy herself a pair of shoes for each guy's night out?" It was really fun and we laughed lots. Then we went to the Keg downtown for dinner and told the waiter that we just got married. He brought over a bottle of champagne (on the house!) After dinner we went across the street to Spur to catch the last quarter of the Lakers game and the bartender there gave a round of free shots AND turns out she is also getting married in the Mayan on the SAME DAY as me!

I don't feel married at all which is great because we really want the wedding NEXT WEEK (holy crap, I can't believe it's almost here) to be the real deal.

That's awesome Kayley!! Congratulations! You won't even think about it when you're down there! You must be leaving soon, have a fabulous time!! :)

First off, Kayley that sounds like such a great time! what a fantastic memory to have and yet not take anything away from the big day!!

On a side note, we were planning on getting legally married here as well

1. can you recommend any justic of the peace or commisioner (sorry not sure on the term right now) who perform these?

2. do we have to say vows? I was hoping to do as little of the 'wedding' stuff, like not put rings on either, etc. Kayley was this just a personal choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
First off, Kayley that sounds like such a great time! what a fantastic memory to have and yet not take anything away from the big day!!

On a side note, we were planning on getting legally married here as well
1. can you recommend any justic of the peace or commisioner (sorry not sure on the term right now) who perform these?
2. do we have to say vows? I was hoping to do as little of the 'wedding' stuff, like not put rings on either, etc. Kayley was this just a personal choice?
1. I would absolutely recommend Jackie. It cost $250 and she gave us a very nice program with the ceremony she read and the marriage certificate of course. If you flip back a few pages, I posted a link to her website. Or you can google Jacqueline Hoare and get her info. (That was another super funny moment, she said "yes, you heard my name right, you are in fact being married by a Hoare." Hilarious. Totally our style).
2. We didn't want any of that wedding stuff either. We didn't exchange rings and the only "vows" we said was the legal stuff "I yadda yadda solumnly declare that I know of no lawful impediment..." Jackie added a short poem, a hand blessing and some words of wisdom and that was it.

I wouldn't have done it any other way!

What a great way to celebrate your legal day!! It sounds like it was perfect, and a nice way to include your friends. :)

Cara

Congrats Kayley...it sounds like you had a ton of fun!!!!

Congrats on yours as well Cara.....Congrats on your upcoming weddings as well! You will have sooooooooooo much fun!

Agreed - just started boot camp yesterday and we had to do it in this weather, man it was cold.

On the bright side, just bought my dress yesterday - hmm maybe that baklava wasnt the smartest addition to lunch, there is always boot camp again tomorrow

congrats boo! do we get to see a picture of the final choice?

i was just rereading your post of the day you went dress shopping as i am thinking of maybe going this weekend (if i can even get an appointment).

My two cents for shopping:

1. I went with a small group, who was just super supportive, no varying opinions to deal with

2. Bring a camera, first time I didnt, and half the stores let me take pictures while just shopping, for example: cameo and cufflinks - did I mention that their service was the best?!

3. Bring socks, you wont be able to wear your shoes to not get the dresses dirty

4. Have fun! I was ready to buy the first dress I put on at cameo and cufflinks, funny enough that ended up the one after all! with allot more stress than it ever needed to be, but the first store I went to was the Parisian and that was really blah (for me) and so the first 'real' dress, it was believed I should check out more, I think if you know you know.

Okie ladies I dont have pictures of me in the dress, as I dont want to have it on the computer at home, for fear that the FH will see them, but here is the link

Lea Ann Belter Bridal - Niagara Collection - Mathia

She is a Canadian designer out of Toronto.

Enjoy!