KRama

Calgary Brides!

JenV- Can you find out more about what is included in table deco's for the private reception? Write down everything and share when you get back! HAVE FUN!!!!

Kayley- I also did semi-DIY for my invites. I looked around a lot of places,and ended up going to Scrapbook pantry in Country Hills (I think you are up this way?). I bought a 1 year "membership" for $30 which gives you 10% off all purchases, the use of their stuff (I used their machine to cut out little sea turtles to put on mine) AND they helped me whenever I was in there if they could. Definitely avoid Michael''s!

MayanLily- Who did you chec k prices with? that seems like a lot to pay for 3 hours IMO...

MayanLily, you are my savior. haha I'm not too far from Crowfoot so I'll check it out for sure! Thanks!

I'm bringing my own photographer but she's a very good friend of mine that has offered to do our photos as our wedding gift (awesome eh?!) so I'm lucking out HUGE with that!

I can however, recommend a photographer that SEVERAL (I'm talking like 6 friends) have used who is just amazing. She does destination weddings as well but I'm not entirely sure of her pricing.

Here's her website: (a bunch of the photos in her gallery are all friends of mine!)

Shi Photography

(My FI and a bridesmaid are in a bunch of the pics too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Ok I am having some major communication breakdown with our linen vendor - have you guys found someone good in Mexico? any suggestions for here in Calgary even to buy?

I am looking for satin in Coral for our cocktail tables plus a white satin bow. For the reception I was looking for tourquise pintuck tafetta. Also need the sheer material one in coral and 2 in white to decorate the wedding gazeebo differently. Thanks!
I remember seeing something on this forum about inexpensive linens a while back. I'm sorry, I don't remember where it was. Perhaps try doing a search? I remember seeing for example chair tie backs for $2 to purchase.

In Mexico, I am not using anyone for linens, but am using Mishka Designs out of PV for maracas. She also does entire wedding designs, and I know she would ship to your resort. I doubt it would be very inexpensive though!

Hope that helps a bit?

christinap- thanks and i will for sure ask them and let you know be back in calgary on the 22 so i will post then.

mayanlily- i am actually bring my cousin from calgary.. he is really good and just did two back to back DW wedding if you are interested i can give you his info he does amazing photos. let me know i will be in town until sunday if not i will be back on the 22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaP View Post
I remember seeing something on this forum about inexpensive linens a while back. I'm sorry, I don't remember where it was. Perhaps try doing a search? I remember seeing for example chair tie backs for $2 to purchase.

In Mexico, I am not using anyone for linens, but am using Mishka Designs out of PV for maracas. She also does entire wedding designs, and I know she would ship to your resort. I doubt it would be very inexpensive though!

Hope that helps a bit?
I think the company that was mentioned a while back on several of the threads in this forum was wedding linens direct home page They are an american company but can definitely ship to canada. I have not been on in a wile so i am not familiar with a lot of their products but i know that satin chair ties are about 89cents each!

Doh my Multi Quote won't work! let's see if i can remember everything i wanted to comment on! heheh

Mel...loooove the dress!

Thanks for the stores to buy cardstock. i'm using it for our welcome letter things. i went to staples last night, they have it cheap there, but bright colors or white, ivory, grey. 125 pgs for $7:50. or a reg size pkg for $16 i think it was. I'm way in the SE so crowfoot might be more on gas than the savings would be worth. hehehe

You guys were talking about alterations...i'm getting mine altered on Feb 17th and she wanted to book me on Feb 24th and we leave on March 5th! she said she just needs a few days to do alterations! But i thought i'd start to panic if i left it at the 24th, so i'll let you girls know how it goes and if you want the contact, she's in Mckenzie Lake so close to me! yay! She does the alterations for Blissful Bridal. :)

I'm bringing my photographer from home! Actually she lives in Nelson. but she's just charging me for the cost of the trip, and her flight from Kelowna to Calgary. Great deal! I'm sure if you look around you'll find someone who will charge the cost of the trip, and if you get a "free booking" with your travel operator, then you could consider it free!

ChristinaP that was me who was ticked about the flight times changing so much. such a HUGE pain since we have a group event planned for friday night and now we won't get there until after dinner, so it puts a rush on stuff...but i guess i won't complain since yours was moved by days! eek! fingers crossed that won't happen, oh dear, something else to worry about! hahah

Oh well we leave in 3 weeks on Friday! Putting together all the welcome bags and shirts we are making everyone this weekend, then i'll be DONE!!

Phewf, there's a long post for ya!

Argggg....EVERYBODY knows a photographer but me! Soooo many people are having friends or family they know. My FI and I really need to get out more I guess We only know Flight attendants and electricians.(not much help for a wedding!)haaa I priced out Claudia Rodrigez and Del Sol in MX. CR was the 1500 but for that price, I might as well bring someone with me from here. I am meeting with 2 from calgary next week that do the wedding free but we just pay for the trip for them. Reasonable.

JenV whats your cousins name... I want to check into more photographers and any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Krama thanks for your suggestion. I will go right now and try to find your FI wink.gif

Also... this might be a dumb question but.. why are you bringing your linens? Isn't this stuff supposed to be provided for you at the resort? Clearly, I'm missing something... huh02.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRama View Post
Boo, go try on dresses! It's so much fun! Definitely try to go to when it's not too busy and take your "I may not find my dress today" attitude. Try on lots of different styles because you never know if there's one that suits you that you never thought of. I would love to go again but I'm too paranoid that I'd find a dress that I love more than the one I bought!

Totally off topic...I do not consider myself to be any kind of crafty DIYer but I went the semi-DIY route for my invites and I'm looking for an inexpensive cardstock paper to mount my invites on. So far I've ruled out Michael's. Where else can I look? (See, SO not crafty. Don't even know where to buy paper!)
Try a local scrapbook store and ask to see the Bazzil paper swatch books. They have all shades, pearlescent, metallic shimmer and it was cheap. I bought 100 sheets for less than 50 dollars. Then i got the local newspaper to do all the cutting for me. I did a triple mat. Black shimmer cardstock then tourquoise then the actual invite. They will most likely give you a great deal since your buying bulk. Mine did anyways.