Calgary Brides!

KRama

Hi Ladies - Just wondering where the best place is to get the Boarding Pass and/or Passport invitations
I'm seeing other companies online from the States but was wondering if anyone in Calgary specialized in these.
I went to a couple of the wedding shows in January and didn't see much selection.
If anyone could tell me where they got theirs printed it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!angel1.gif

Hey Sunshine - I know a lot of people have got vendors on etsy to make them like Sarah Sproullie.  You can also attempt to do it yourself - there are lots of templates on here that you can download once you hit 150 posts.  If you don't mind spending a bit of money on your invites I would suggest goign to www.etsy.com and checking out vendors there.

Natalie

Thanks MissNatalie18
I've been to Etsy and have seen quite a few nice ones on there - but have never ordered from there and a bit leary on how to get the designs going etc.
Also - have no special printers to print them myself. But I'll have another looksee on Etsy!

Originally Posted by MissNatalie18 View Post

Hey Sunshine - I know a lot of people have got vendors on etsy to make them like Sarah Sproullie.  You can also attempt to do it yourself - there are lots of templates on here that you can download once you hit 150 posts.  If you don't mind spending a bit of money on your invites I would suggest goign to www.etsy.com and checking out vendors there.

Natalie

Oh don't be worried about etsy - the ladies and gents that do work on there are fabulous - I am sure CanadianSandy - she comes onto this link here - can help you!  She got gorgeous ones done from Sarah Sprouille.  I got my invites made by a lady on etsy to and it was very easy to work with her - everything is done through email and these individuals are very creative - you just need to explain what you want and they will create magic!!!

Sunshine, I agree with MissNat, I ordered my STDs from Etsy, my wedding invitations from Wedzu (like Etsy, but just for weddings) and have done the entire design process with my designer via email. Super-easy. I've ordered probably 75% of everything for the wedding (from robes as gifts for BMs to cake topper) from various Etsy vendors. Everything has turned out better than I'd hoped.

Hey,

I looked for Boarding Pass invites too online and I couldn't decide on any. I even went to a couple invitation stores in Calgary and they wanted like $500 + to make them....crazy. So I decide to attempt to make them on my own with a free template from Ayleebits. www.ayleebits.com/templates. It was pretty easy actually once you got going. I made them in Microsoft Word. I had them printed and cut at staples and it cost me about $20.

It is a little more work but I am really happy how they turned out. My fiance made envelopes for them too and they look awesome.

Good luck :)

Originally Posted by Sunshine2680 View Post

Hi Ladies - Just wondering where the best place is to get the Boarding Pass and/or Passport invitations
I'm seeing other companies online from the States but was wondering if anyone in Calgary specialized in these.
I went to a couple of the wedding shows in January and didn't see much selection.
If anyone could tell me where they got theirs printed it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!angel1.gif

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA, took a break from the wedding planning to buy a house!!!! :D We're so excited, we move June 3 (we get back from our honeymoon May 14)!!

Now that we're done with the house, it's starting to sink in how close the wedding is. FI is on his bachelor party weekend right now! His friends took him to Kamloops for 4 days to hang out in a chalet and learn to snowboard. I'm actually enjoying having the time to myself so far, but it just feels so weird to not have him here :( And of course a small part of me is worried about what kinds of things might be going on...sigh...

Tomorrow I'm going for my boudoir shoot...I'm very excited, but also very nervous. I'm using Anna at Cineart in South Calgary, I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

I would LOVE to meet up with you all on the 28th but I have a Monday night class at Mount Royal till mid-April :( I'm so sad to be missing out! I completely understand if you can't change it, but I thought I'd throw it out there that I can make it any other night that week! ;)

- Sandy