Calgary Brides!

KRama

Hi cookiemunchkin! Congrats and welcome! This site is amazing and so helpful - I'm sure you will get tons of ideas in no time at all. Happy planning!

p.s: Are you in Calgary? Some of us will be getting together in a couple of weeks for drinks and wedding talk if you're interested :)

Yup, I'm in Calgary and would love to get together and chat! I think I saw July 29 somewhere on this thread... is that when you are thinking of meeting for drinks?

I have a question for those of you getting married in January and February 2011... would you mind sharing with me what the package cost per person is for where you are booked? My TA gave me three huge books of resorts to flip through, but going through them isn't exactly easy to do lol. It would be great to get a feel for what different resorts may cost, would help me narrow down my location. I'm mostly concerned for the costs of my guests, since we've given them less than one year notice and a lot of them now have kids. So far I've been quoted around $1700 for Dreams Tulum, and am wondering if its possible to find something good that is priced lower than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiansandy View Post
Hi cookiemunchkin! Congrats and welcome! This site is amazing and so helpful - I'm sure you will get tons of ideas in no time at all. Happy planning!

p.s: Are you in Calgary? Some of us will be getting together in a couple of weeks for drinks and wedding talk if you're interested :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin View Post
Yup, I'm in Calgary and would love to get together and chat! I think I saw July 29 somewhere on this thread... is that when you are thinking of meeting for drinks?

I have a question for those of you getting married in January and February 2011... would you mind sharing with me what the package cost per person is for where you are booked? My TA gave me three huge books of resorts to flip through, but going through them isn't exactly easy to do lol. It would be great to get a feel for what different resorts may cost, would help me narrow down my location. I'm mostly concerned for the costs of my guests, since we've given them less than one year notice and a lot of them now have kids. So far I've been quoted around $1700 for Dreams Tulum, and am wondering if its possible to find something good that is priced lower than that.
I found that to be the most frustrating part of wedding planning! I also was given books of resorts to look through but I was thinking "well these are all gorgeous but how do I know which ones are less than $1600??". We picked the Gran Bahia Principe in the Mayan Riviera which I would HIGHLY recommend! We booked with Air Canada Vacations, direct flight from Calgary, for $1549/person.

hi cookie, welcome!

most of my guests are coming from ontario, and they will be paying between $1650-$1700 per adult for the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana.

my FI and i are the only one's coming from Calgary and will be paying around $1950 each (yikes).

cookie - we'll be meeting at Melrose July 29th at 6pm. I believe Natalie will be making the reservation closer to the date. We've set a schedule to meet the last Thursday of every month. It's so great to be able to connect with other girls in Calgary that are going through the same things for their DWs! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin View Post

We are going to Holguin Cuba mid Feb. Our guests are paying $1320 + taxes. We love Cuba so we had that part narrowed down. I have to say the most time consumming part was deciding on the resort. There are so many great reviews on this site of resorts that I'm sure if you have a couple in mind you will find out even more from the brides on here planning or that have gotten married there. Enjoy your planning it really will be a beautiful day no matter what!!!

Ugh, you guys are not kidding when you say deciding on the resort is time consuming and frustrating. I'm anxious to get started on everything else but can't until this is done! Ahhhhhh back to my brochures lol.

KRama, I'll look into Gran Bahia Principe... and if anyone else has any suggestions, please throw them at me! My TA only suggested 4 or 5 for some odd reason.