Calgary Brides!

KRama

I think I need to make reading this thread part of my weekly(or every other day) routine to be able to keep up with everything!

I agree, with your resort being bought out by someone else could be an improvement for the resort. You're right, I would be panicking if you were leaving soon but you've still got time. Someone should be in touch with you soon. Keep us posted!

Good luck to KRama and Cara getting married in the next couples weeks!!! All your hard work will now be rolled out and be the fairytale of your lives! Have FUN! :)

Lindsey-getting married in Holguin...great choice! I've been to Holguin twice and absolutely love it there!! Although the resort that I went to(same one both times-loved it that much!) can not be accessed from Calgary anymore.

Lots of people have been asking me for more information on the wedding and we haven't emailed resorts yet. I'm going to start this weekend!! How much notice did you give your guests? Once we were engaged(Sept) we told our guests that we would be doing a DW because they wanted time to save $$ we decided to give them a year + to save. I'm hoping to send out STD's but when people send STD do they know the date of their wedding? If they do, why not just send the invitations?

If you guys are still going out for drinks, I'd be in too!

-Eryn

Hey Beachbride

Which resort did you stay at in Holguin? The unfortunate thing is there isn't a direct flight from Calgary. since we have people coming from all over canada it works out great that we will all meet in Toronto and fly out together to Cuba.

So where are you thinking of getting married at?

Eryn-

We sent out STD in Dec for our Oct wedding. We weren't sure where we were getting married yet but we had a date picked out. It read something similar to this:

Alyssa & Adrian request the pleasure of your company in a tropical wedding celebration October twenty-first, Two thousand and ten (you could just put a month if you only knew that) Kindly provide us with email contact information so we can keep you uptodate on travel arrangements and connect you with our wedding website.

Then we pretty much did everything else online through our website and Eflyers ect. We have 30 ppl booked so I guess it worked out ok for us.

Hey Linds, I stayed at Club Amigo Guardalavaca and again I thought it was awesome! It was a 3star resort and the only downfall for some people would have been food(not for me, I can get along with anything!). Yes, I noticed that if you're flying out of Toronto, you can pretty much go anywhere!! We're planning on getting married in Punta Cana, DR. I've been there twice but to resorts that I probably won't get married at. But I love it there too(I tend to go on all inclusives once a year!).

I didn't realize that we were able to contact the resorts directly. I was going to make my decision on what resort we go to based on prices for our guests, so originally I was waiting until the price list came out but found out from this website not to wait! :) I've emailed a few resorts looking to get wedding package pricing and I'm trying to find some posted on this website too! Hopefully I'm going about it the right way!

Hey MayanLily, thanks for the info! Wow, I think I'm behind a bit. Originally we were telling people that we were getting married in November but now people are booking their vacation time for the year so it probably won't work now in November. I'm so clueless about this stuff! I think you're right! We just need to pick a day and run with it. How did you know that flights will align with your date or did you?

Thanks always!

-Eryn

Well ladies, I guess I'm officially a Mrs! We had our legal ceremony on Friday and it was perfect. Exactly what we wanted. Our friends showed up at our place and we said "we just need to do something before we go for dinner...we're kind of getting married right now". They just laughed and were thrilled to be part of it. We had the ceremony right there in our living room and our officiant Jackie had a great casual program and threw in stuff like "do you Kayley vow to never give Jeremy a hard time when he wants a guy's night out?" and "do you Jeremy accept that Kayley will buy herself a pair of shoes for each guy's night out?" It was really fun and we laughed lots. Then we went to the Keg downtown for dinner and told the waiter that we just got married. He brought over a bottle of champagne (on the house!) After dinner we went across the street to Spur to catch the last quarter of the Lakers game and the bartender there gave a round of free shots AND turns out she is also getting married in the Mayan on the SAME DAY as me!

I don't feel married at all which is great because we really want the wedding NEXT WEEK (holy crap, I can't believe it's almost here) to be the real deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBrideSoon View Post
Hey MayanLily, thanks for the info! Wow, I think I'm behind a bit. Originally we were telling people that we were getting married in November but now people are booking their vacation time for the year so it probably won't work now in November. I'm so clueless about this stuff! I think you're right! We just need to pick a day and run with it. How did you know that flights will align with your date or did you?
Thanks always!
-Eryn
We didn't really. I grew up with my grandma & grandpa and my g'ma passed away 5 years ago so the date was never a question. We were getting married on her birthday rain or shine or hurricane! The flights just happened to work out. Out of Calgary, all charter flights down south leave either Sat or Sun so a Thursday wedding just sort of worked out perfectly. You also have to make sure the resort has a day that isn't booked. Alot of places only do one wedding per day so that's something to keep in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRama View Post
Well ladies, I guess I'm officially a Mrs! We had our legal ceremony on Friday and it was perfect. Exactly what we wanted. Our friends showed up at our place and we said "we just need to do something before we go for dinner...we're kind of getting married right now". They just laughed and were thrilled to be part of it. We had the ceremony right there in our living room and our officiant Jackie had a great casual program and threw in stuff like "do you Kayley vow to never give Jeremy a hard time when he wants a guy's night out?" and "do you Jeremy accept that Kayley will buy herself a pair of shoes for each guy's night out?" It was really fun and we laughed lots. Then we went to the Keg downtown for dinner and told the waiter that we just got married. He brought over a bottle of champagne (on the house!) After dinner we went across the street to Spur to catch the last quarter of the Lakers game and the bartender there gave a round of free shots AND turns out she is also getting married in the Mayan on the SAME DAY as me!

I don't feel married at all which is great because we really want the wedding NEXT WEEK (holy crap, I can't believe it's almost here) to be the real deal.
Soooo excited for you married lady! I'm glad you don't actually feel married too because we are doing the same thing and are hoping the legal day doesn't take away from the wedding day in Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRama View Post

that is so awesome! congrats Mrs!!