Calgary Brides!

KRama

Pocket folds will be expensive unless you order them online and DIY (not my thing).

I went with a local vendor. Here's my invite thread:

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...tations-56075/

I absolutely love how they turned out and have gotten many compliments on them (not that anyone would actually say "hey, your invites are ugly" but you know what I mean!)

Nice work on the invites KRama! They are super cute. Wish I was that creative or at the very least, knew someone that was! haha

I decided not to do invitations. I really hope that's not too tacky. I sent out STD before Christmas and all the people I really wanted there have already booked. No need to remind the ones I don't want there smile120.gif (so mean I know!) A month before the trip I am sending out luggage tags for everyone that will be coming. Tucked in the box will be a packing checklist too. That's in lieu of invitations I guess.

Click the image to open in full size.

hmmm we sent out an email STD - I 'borrowed' a template from one of the gals here. The problem is not one person has booked yet I dont think, and our guest responce so far has been: great, we got the time off work, so just let us know...and the future hubbie and I are both like, um, we thought we did - but no one is booking. How do I get them to book? ha ha, sorry for sounding frantic. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
hmmm we sent out an email STD - I 'borrowed' a template from one of the gals here. The problem is not one person has booked yet I dont think, and our guest responce so far has been: great, we got the time off work, so just let us know...and the future hubbie and I are both like, um, we thought we did - but no one is booking. How do I get them to book? ha ha, sorry for sounding frantic. Thanks!
I went through the same thing. I finally reached the breaking point and gave them a date to book by. My TA made up an eflyer with the resort info and price and Basically, I sent a mass email and said "if you want to travel with the bride and groom, here's the info. All deposits must be made by Feb.14" All of the serious guests were onboard within the week. It worked great. Having said that, I still have a handful of people who are "wishy-washy" about coming. I am HATING those people right now but have decided to just let it be and if they book, they book. If these people still have not booked by June, I have no idea what I'm goin to do because I know I will be freaking out. I mean, seriously people, we need to budget for however many peeps we think are coming. HAHA now I'm sounding frantic!

Also BOO, I set up a separate email account solely for wedding emails. I find it alot easier than riffling through all the junk I get in my personal account. I have been slowly buying stuff for the OOT bags too. To keep it safe, I have been gettting 40 of everything. I figure I can always return stuff or sell it if need be but right now I'm at 32 anyways.

Question: Are we supposed to do OOT bags for people NOT staying at the same resort?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayanLily View Post
Also BOO, I set up a separate email account solely for wedding emails. I find it alot easier than riffling through all the junk I get in my personal account. I have been slowly buying stuff for the OOT bags too. To keep it safe, I have been gettting 40 of everything. I figure I can always return stuff or sell it if need be but right now I'm at 32 anyways.

Question: Are we supposed to do OOT bags for people NOT staying at the same resort?
I have some people staying at another resort too (that are also coming from Winnipeg and not Calgary) so I've been wondering if I should give them OOT bags as well. We won't even see them until our wedding day and then should I be carrying them with down the aisle to give?? j/k. But seriously, let me know what you decide to do. wink.gif

Hmmm, my guess is that even though the other guests are at a different resort, they are still traveling to attend your wedding and therefore should get something. You could maybe do a scaled down version of the bags, but I'm sure they would appreciate still be included just like the guests who are staying at the same resort at you.

Yeah for us its about half travelling from Calgary, about a third from Winnipeg, and then the random stragglers from Minniapolis, New York, etc.

Yeah see I was super looking forward to our TA just keeping everything organized, the problem being expedia is way cheaper. For us cause we are 5 nights at one resort and 9 or 10 at another we actually booked thru a TA – who went thru expedia but somehow was cheaper than expedia.ca even with a CAD 100 booking fee per person. I guess what I am getting at is that the group rate not thru expedia is a couple hundred bucks more, so all of the guests are like great we are in, but we will be booking ourselves, and I mean I cant blame them, but that way I also dont have that whole incentive to book by_____ so that we can all travel together...sorry for the runt, but this probably causes me the most amount of stress right now.

Haha I totally hear ya! We have half our Calgary guests leaving on Sunday, half on Monday and then other guests leaving from both Winnipeg and Toronto on Monday as well but all arriving earlier than the Calgary flight!! So basically I'm on the last plane showing up latest for my own wedding trip! We ended up going through WestJet Vacations and found they usually had the best rates of anywhere we looked.

Maybe if you have a wedding website you can post a note to your guests that because you aren't booked as a full group they might want to keep in mind that the longer they wait, the less chance there will be that they would fly with the rest of you who have booked already? That way you're not being pushy or anything but honestly some people just don't think of these things!!