Calgary Brides!

KRama

Wow Boo! You have been one busy lady!

I am sure you would not have problems selling them at a reduced cost after you are done with them. If Pam doesn't end up using them, there is always the section on this forum that people sell stuff when they are done. Looks like people have pretty good luck. Would be nice to have someone in the city though...

Boo - The typical response that I got for ordering my dress was 4-6 months for delivery and 4-6 weeks for alterations. Granted that every store and every dress will be different but that was the automated reply from just about every staff member at every store I went to. Since you've got the time to try dresses on at your own pace I would recommend taking advantage of that! I was engaged barely eight months before we knew we wanted the wedding so dress shopping was a priority. Before I finally ordered mine in early September I was getting super stressed out because if you took the maximum order and alteration time (6mo + 6wks) it would basically have me at the airport on my departure date! Thankfully I had a great girl at the store who made sure I would get it on time. Also, my girlfriend who is getting married this august had been shopping with me just for kicks at that point and while she didn't order for a month or two afterwards, she was really glad that she'd started looking (and narrowing down) early on.

Yeah, I was pretty nervous when I bought it as the girl said it would take anywhere from 6-8 months to get it in & another month for alterations....My wedding is in 8 months and the girl ordered me a dress that was definitley too big and I knew i would need alterations. She did say that because Paloma Blanca is a canadian designer she is usually very fast & it would probably be closer to 6 months...so fingers crossed!!!

Heres a better picture of the dress...I just couldn't post a picture earlier...

a>

Unfortunatley it wasn't one of the dresses from the sample sale so I had to pay full price sad.gif Seems pretty ridiculous to spend so much money on something i'll only wear for such a short time frame, but I think i'll try selling it when the wedding is over to recoup some of my money...Its really pretty though. So light and perfect for the beach :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics