Calgary Brides!

KRama

Hey girls

Im totally off topic here but do you guys have any ideas for a good song (not too sappy, not country, for a slideshow during the reception? I need the song to be playing when all the baby/teenager pics of us are up...Ive seriously listened to like 50 songs in the last 3 hours and still haven't picked one haha.

And holy crap! So many new Calgary girls....Welcome everyone!!!

Kris- hmmm is it both of you together or does its how you growing up then him growing up?

For us my brother in law and his gf did our slideshow and they used the song from blue crush (have you seen it?) for me and footloose for my hubby. When we made a slideshow for friends we used Viva la vida -coldplay for the groom and brown eyed girl for the girl. Also, if you are not using somewhere over the rainbow for your ceremony or other music, thats a good song that i have seen used.

im drawing a blank on others right now tho so sorry im no help sad.gif

Kris- Sorry I can't help you with the song thing. The only suggestion I have is "Wild One," which I have heard on a slideshow before, and I thought it was awesome. I'm not too sure who sings it, but it is a great 80's song (if you're in to that!) and it is on the Pretty Woman soundtrack.

Boo- I was also looking at Boudoir photogs. at the wedding fair and I came across one. The name is Tait, and it is a female. Her husband was helping her at the booth, and he told me that she has a make-up artist and someone to do hair working with her. He also told me that she charges $150 for sitting fee...not too sure what the photo packages were like though. Don't have the info. with me, but I'm sure you could look her up pretty quick.

I think I saw that same male photographer at the Taboo show...I didn't really get a great vibe from him and yes, he was SUPER expensive. I think I posted earlier on this thread about Tait Photography since that was the one I was looking at too. I really liked her work and she was super sweet when I saw her at Taboo. If there are a few of us Calgary girls that book a session together, I think we can get a decent discount too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRama View Post
I think I saw that same male photographer at the Taboo show...I didn't really get a great vibe from him and yes, he was SUPER expensive. I think I posted earlier on this thread about Tait Photography since that was the one I was looking at too. I really liked her work and she was super sweet when I saw her at Taboo. If there are a few of us Calgary girls that book a session together, I think we can get a decent discount too!
I thought that was the same one you had talked about earlier on! What do you mean by "booking together?" Discounts would be great! Do you know what the fees were like on top of the sitting fee? I didn't really spend a bunch of time of her booth, but now I wish I had...
I would definitely be up for booking however we can get a discount. I was hoping for sooner rather than later though? Kayley, I'm sure you're thinking the same thing as your wedding is coming up same time as mine, but not sure about anyone else?

By "booking together" I mean booking back-to-back sessions not like a group photo or anything...hahaha. I know she does "marathon" sessions and I think the fee is $100 instead of $150. I remember her package prices being resonable and you could also purchase a CD with all the un-edited photos which appealed to me since a friend of mine can do the editting for me. I was thinking of doing a session sometime in March so if anyone else is interested I'll start looking into the group thing more seriously!