Photo

Is a Welcome Dinner expected?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#71 anichols8

anichols8
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:14 PM

Hey, I think the wedding cocktails are a great idea!

#72 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
    • 385 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

How are some of you holding your "cocktail hour" in the lobbies of your hotel?  Are you just showing up in the lobby with booze? 

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#73 Bruuning17

Bruuning17
      • 173 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:47 AM

I think we are doing at least a welcome cocktail hour.  We want to spend as much time with our guests as possible, and I think this is a nice way to start the festivities!  Then, we are thinking of doing some type of welcome excursion the first full day that people are there. 

#74 cdc150

cdc150
        • 332 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:45 PM

we plan on doing welcome cocktails as well.  we are hoping to get enough rooms booked for a free cocktail hour

#75 Coco YUL

Coco YUL
          • 162 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:30 PM

Will do a cocktail hour in the lobby so everybody can meet... and maybe go to the buffet after if they want... I understand that it's our DW but still they are spending money to be on vacation too so if they want to be alone, it's fine with me :)

#76 JessX823

JessX823
            • 29 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:09 AM

We're doing a welcome dinner at our AI resort.  I opted to pay extra for a semi-private dinner at one of the resort's restaurants.  I've read from other posts that some brides wished they did reserve a dinner rather than just having everyone show up at once to avoid problems with staff and slow dinner service.  It's $20 per person but I think it's worth it to make sure that everyone has a great dinner and service.  

#77 Aruba Bride

Aruba Bride
              • 170 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:45 AM

I think a "welcome cocktail" is a great idea! We decided to have a welcome dinner two days before the wedding instead of a rehearsal dinner.

#78 traceysteve

traceysteve
                • 328 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:19 AM

That's what I was planning on doing, there are about 10 people staying in timeshares. Unfortunately, nobody at the RIU has bothered to email me back. And, I guess to make things worse, we're not getting married there, so I don't even have an 'in'. I do like the idea of cocktails though, That way everyone can come or go as they please.

Originally Posted by JessX823 

We're doing a welcome dinner at our AI resort.  I opted to pay extra for a semi-private dinner at one of the resort's restaurants.  I've read from other posts that some brides wished they did reserve a dinner rather than just having everyone show up at once to avoid problems with staff and slow dinner service.  It's $20 per person but I think it's worth it to make sure that everyone has a great dinner and service.  

#79 Mmack

Mmack
                  • 118 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:39 PM

Not really necessary

Our wedding is in 11 weeks!!! Can't wait to be a Mrs.!!

#80 cbandemer

cbandemer
                    • 213 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:00 AM

I was thinking of doing just a gathering in the lobby. Do you think the hotel would mind if 100+ showed up and just over took everything. I just dont want to have to pay more money for a private welcome dinner. If our group wasnt as large I wouldnt care but it gets expensive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users