Is a Welcome Dinner expected?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#41 miznunu2010

• 248 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

I think that I am doing a welcome dinner but its only because my fiance's parents and mine have never met. I plan to have all the parents and grandparents have the welcome dinner!

#42 vdaybride

• 1,412 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:23 PM

I plan on telling everyone to meet us at whatever restaurant we choose at a certain time so that they can meet and get their bags. I will include this information in the mailing that they will receive two weeks before the wedding. I guess I better put that mailing on paper! soon!
      Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#43 daniepps

• 304 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:27 PM

We're doing a welcome cocktail reception which is on the pool deck so maybe it will turn into a pool party. That's where we're going to hand out the OOT bags. I don't think anybody is expecting it but I think it's something nice to do.

#44 Island Bride

Island Bride
        • 330 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:12 AM

Im not sure if this was asked already because I didnt get to read every page, but at a said "welcome dinner" are you, as the bride and groom, in charge of paying for it or does everyone pay their own bill? Our wedding dinner alone is $18,000! So i would prefer NOT to have to spend more money on food if you get what i mean!

#45 blckrevpower

• 572 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

we thought about doing a welcome dinner too, but didn't want to spend more money than necessary. so the idea about welcome cocktail hour to give out oot bags sounds great!
            we may use that one!
            "Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!" --Homer Simpson

#46 ebernard4985

• 252 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:30 AM

This is a great thread.... I was not sure about this and did not want to pay extra since it is an all-inclusive resort and it is not necessary to pay extra for "private" events. I definitely like the welcome cocktail ideas... I think I will incorporate that!

#47 mbarnes04

• 194 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:08 PM

i love that idea of the beads so people can introduce themselves. i think we may do a casual meet in the lobby for drinks but i do agree people should enjoy their vacation too and not be tied down to too many activities. we're considering an optional excursion one day for anyone who is in town the day prior or after.

#48 Taghan

• 239 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:47 PM

I agree with the majority....In my opinion it's not expected or something you have to do. Totally your choice and whatever you feel works best for your budget.

We opted to have a sunset sail for our welcome gathering the night before our wedding. The majority of our guests are family and I'd say about 90% of them have never met each other. We thought it'd be a nice way for everyone to meet before the hustle and bustle of the wedding. Added bonus, I won the sunset sail in a charity auction for FAR less than what we would have paid at the per person rate! SCORE!

#49 tross84

• Banned
                  • 151 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:12 AM

great thread ladies!

#50 ckntb

• 122 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:54 PM

We were just discussing this and plan on making reservations at one of the specialty resorts at the resort...its a great opportunity for everyone to meet eachother and get together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users