Sign in to follow this  
Danyelle

Is a Welcome Dinner expected?

I like the idea of doing welcome cocktails or "we're having dinner at X place, join if you're free". I'd hate to bombard people with all this formal wedding stuff; I'd like them to enjoy this trip as a vacation for them as well.

I like the idea of a welcome dinner - although I don't think its expected.  Great way to meet those you haven't met before and kick off the vacation.

Originally Posted by echraide View Post

I like the idea of doing welcome cocktails or "we're having dinner at X place, join if you're free". I'd hate to bombard people with all this formal wedding stuff; I'd like them to enjoy this trip as a vacation for them as well.

Love that idea!!

I agree - and chances are most people would want to attend but you don't want to turn their vacation into a scheduled down to the minute week!

Originally Posted by echraide View Post

I Like the idea of welcome cocktails and this is where i would love to hand out my OOT bags but im not staying at an AI so adding on a bunch of formal events like welcome cocktails and rehersal dinner, next day brunch .. it can get really expensive if the bride and groom are expected to pay for it all.... any thoughts?

For now, we're not having a welcome dinner because we're assuming that everyone will be arriving on different days and times. However, if all of our guest are there by Thursday the latest we'll reconsider it. We definitely plan on having a game night though!