Gran Porto Real or Barcelo Palace? Negatives?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Danyelle

• 368 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:02 PM

I know this is a wonderful "problem" to have, but I cannot decide between these two resorts.
    I've read the threads here on both, and I read their websites, tripadvisor reviews etc...
    My TA says both are great spots. FI and I will not be able to make a site visit before our big day.

Everything I hear and read is so positive about both resorts!

Do you girls have any negatives about either of these resorts that would help make my decision a bit easier?

#2 ChristinaP

• 365 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:48 PM

HI Danyelle,

I don't know about the Gran Porto Real, but I too considered the Barcel Maya Palace for our weddnig. The deciding factor for me was photography. Barcel Maya no longer allows outside photgraphers- you have to use their resort photographer. I think that other brides might have found ways around this though. If that is not a priority for you, then I can say that I haven't heard negatives about BM.

Good luck!

#3 bride2b10

• 320 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

Hi Dani,

We are getting married at Barcelo. While they do not allow outside photography, they do allow it if the person is your guest. We are flying out our photographers so they will be there for a few days but if you get somebody local, I believe you can just book them a room for one night, and they are your guest.

I'm not 100% sure that this is still the policy but it is for us so I would double check. I don't know about the other resort so can't compare :)

21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

#4 martin

• 343 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:13 PM

The Grand porto real is wonderful location the beach is very nice and is very close to teh famous Mamitas beach the color of the water there for your wedding picturs is amazing is close to the quinta avenida shopping area.

#5 Danyelle

• 368 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:48 PM

Thank you for the responses! And thanks for the photography info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users