Jump to content

Photo

Mayan Palace Brides- Post Here!


  • Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#71 guerita

guerita
  • Newbie
  • 17 posts

    Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:24 AM

    I didn't notice any noise from Nikki beach when I peaked in on a wedding at the Mayan back in February...I hope it was just because of the Cinco de Mayo stuff, 'cause that would really suck!
    You mentioned the Westin...is that the same thing as the Regina? I think it's changed names, but I'm not sure which it is now. Anyway, if it's the same thing as the Regina, my WC was recommending that place for my reception, but I've never seen it. If it's that close to Nikki Beach and if the WC isn't clearing out hotel guests from where the reception's taking place, then it doesn't sound like a great option. Thanks for the tip!
    --Lisa

    #72 eab

    eab
    • Newbie
    • 14 posts

      Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:58 AM

      Ok, thanks for your reply. I'm torn about the Mayan...I love it, but if Nikki Beach ends up being loud, then my visit will definitely have been my caveat emptor...

      Yes, Regina is now the timeshare portion of the Westin. I think the Westin WC said that Regina no longer hosts weddings. I was disappointed with the Westin location for weddings.

      #73 amyh

      amyh

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

        Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:15 AM

        I haven't read any reviews of Mayan Weddings being interrupted by music at Nikki Beach, but thanks for the heads up!

        #74 edna

        edna
        • Site Supporter
        • 1,360 posts

          Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

          I was wondering how many are we and when are our weddings, we should post our dates so we can track the Mayan Palace PVR weddings and planning , what do you think? and add more info about your wedding.


          May 2009
          Edna (edna) & Jorge , using Prisar as outside coordinator, menu undecided, trying to book Strella Band for reception and having a Catholic Ceremony at Maria Reina de la Paz Church in the Marina zone. Waiting for samples on decoration to show.

          #75 beach_knot

          beach_knot
          • Newbie
          • 57 posts

            Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:29 AM

            Hi Edna,

            Did the Mayan give you a complimentary bridal suite for the wedding? I believe you said you were staying at a different hotel. I was told there is no area provided for the wedding party to get dressed and the Mayan did not offer a complimentary room for this. So if we do not end up staying at the Mayan we'll have to borrow someone's room to get ready. I thought one of the girls on here got a free room??

            We are currently working out a contract and it seems that a lot of the perks (fire works, dance floor, etc) that the girls were getting on here are no longer included.

            I would greatly appreciate hearing some feedback from the girls before signing our contract if these are things we should be working into our contract before finalizing.

            Thanks so much!!!

            #76 amyh

            amyh

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

              Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:23 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by beach_knot
              Hi Edna,

              Did the Mayan give you a complimentary bridal suite for the wedding? I believe you said you were staying at a different hotel. I was told there is no area provided for the wedding party to get dressed and the Mayan did not offer a complimentary room for this. So if we do not end up staying at the Mayan we'll have to borrow someone's room to get ready. I thought one of the girls on here got a free room??

              We are currently working out a contract and it seems that a lot of the perks (fire works, dance floor, etc) that the girls were getting on here are no longer included.

              I would greatly appreciate hearing some feedback from the girls before signing our contract if these are things we should be working into our contract before finalizing.

              Thanks so much!!!
              I had a complimentary room. The WC at the time included this b/c of the size of the wedding. The dance floor wasn't a perk, it was included in the location fee (fee for table set-up, waiters, bartenders, beach, jetty and sunset bar areas). The fire works were not free either. The only think that was a perk was a symbolic cake (which was a sheet of cake) which we ended up fighting for b/c it wasn't included in the English contract yet we had emails from the previous WC confirming this.

              #77 edna

              edna
              • Site Supporter
              • 1,360 posts

                Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:40 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by edna
                I was wondering how many are we and when are our weddings, we should post our dates so we can track the Mayan Palace PVR weddings and planning , what do you think? and add more info about your wedding.


                May 2009
                Edna (edna) & Jorge , using Prisar as outside coordinator, menu undecided, trying to book a live Band for reception and having a Catholic Ceremony at Maria Reina de la Paz Church in the Marina zone. Waiting for samples on decoration to show.
                Mayan Brides post your info!

                #78 edna

                edna
                • Site Supporter
                • 1,360 posts

                  Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:42 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by amyh
                  I had a complimentary room. The WC at the time included this b/c of the size of the wedding. The dance floor wasn't a perk, it was included in the location fee (fee for table set-up, waiters, bartenders, beach, jetty and sunset bar areas). The fire works were not free either. The only think that was a perk was a symbolic cake (which was a sheet of cake) which we ended up fighting for b/c it wasn't included in the English contract yet we had emails from the previous WC confirming this.

                  Same here bridal suite included for 1 night, dance floor, settings, table and jetty setting but no fireworks or cake included in location fee.

                  #79 MaryS

                  MaryS
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 313 posts

                    Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:25 PM

                    I am still finalizing everything with the Mayan.

                    My date is 11.28.09

                    I didn't think of asking for a room to get ready in. I know my friend AmyR that was on here got a room in her contract. For my location fee it includes Jetty, beach and bar area, tables, setup of ceremony and reception, cross at jetty and table with flower arrangement, lighting, toraches, candles, petates and a few other things. I didn't get a cake. Should I ask for that??
                    WE ARE MARRIED!!

                    #80 beach_knot

                    beach_knot
                    • Newbie
                    • 57 posts

                      Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:56 AM

                      Yay!! I'm soooo excited to hear from so many Mayan Palace Brides!!!

                      April 2009 - Wow how did I get ahead of the gang?!
                      I should be getting my official contract today.

                      Spiritual Ceremony lead by a friend - Jetty
                      Cocktail Hour - Sunset bar
                      Reception - Beach/Bar area

                      Location fee includes Jetty, Beach and Sunset Bar area, aisle runner, chairs, table at the end of jetty, reception table, linens and chairs, lighting, torches and candles.

                      Corkage fee includes bartenders, servers, ice, soda and juice.

                      So far we like the idea of having our iPOD DJ instead of live music - but not definite.

                      Photog, Floral, Decor and Menu TBD.

                      OH yeah - we are thinking of doing Mango Margarita's for our signature cocktail hour.

                      COLORS: Turquoise, Lime, Mango

                      Keep in touch!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users