Photo

Wedding Party

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 snoopAsh

snoopAsh
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:59 AM

I am having problems trying to figure out if I "really" want to fork out the extra cash for bouquets and bouts for the wedding party.

They are pricey and I think that they would be a pain in the butt to travel with AND to keep up with on the big day. I know that I want one, but would it be weird if I had my girls walk down with the cute parasail’s that I bought? I got them super cheap and they are fun. Plus they will look great with the pictures and then we can just...throw them away...?

Also, with the money that I save on flowers...I would like to get them a nicer gift.

Is this weird? LOL?
    http://i682.photobuc....curb/th_55.jpg
    May 29, 2010
    Cancun, Mexico

#2 hwannamaker

hwannamaker
    • 35 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:10 AM

I don't think that is weird at all! I think it is a great idea! I am thinking of getting nice fans for my bridemaids to carry instead!

#3 ldeavila

ldeavila
      • 206 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:16 AM

That actually sounds like a great idea! Plus the cute parasail’s will last...unlike the flowers.
        [IMG]
        Mr. & Mrs. Rangel!!!

#4 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
        • 5,466 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:20 AM

I am in the same boat.. I have 7 bmaids and 7 groomsman, although we werent going to give the groomsman bouts anyways since they aren't wearing jackets. SO just FI will wear one. And for my girls, I was thinking of still getting them bouquets but then using their bouquets as the centerpeices for the reception. I dont know if that is 'cheap' or wrong to do but thats probably the way I am going to go. I have been a bmaid enough times to know that once I get to the reception I drop my bouquet and never touch it again.

#5 snoopAsh

snoopAsh
          • 400 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:32 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by *Nadine*
            I am in the same boat.. I have 7 bmaids and 7 groomsman, although we werent going to give the groomsman bouts anyways since they aren't wearing jackets. SO just FI will wear one. And for my girls, I was thinking of still getting them bouquets but then using their bouquets as the centerpeices for the reception. I dont know if that is 'cheap' or wrong to do but thats probably the way I am going to go. I have been a bmaid enough times to know that once I get to the reception I drop my bouquet and never touch it again.
            Nadine, WOW! You have a large bridal pary! I want to get the goomsmen something. I have been looking at Esty.com to see if I can find something a little funky for the guys (they aren't wearing jackets either). As for the girls, I dont think that is cheap AT ALL! It's a great idea! :) I will talk to the "main man" (my boo) and see if he has an opinion. lol - we will see how that goes. :) If he doesn't have an opinion, then it's ALL in my hands!
            http://i682.photobuc....curb/th_55.jpg
            May 29, 2010
            Cancun, Mexico

#6 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
            • 5,466 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:04 PM

ARe your guys wearing dress shirts with a pocket? Maybe you could do like a pocket scarf to add some color? I dont know how that would look tho?

good luck either way :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users