So maybe I was in over my head.....(long) Updated

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 riokayak

• 175 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:12 PM

Big3n09 - I'm glad you were able to talk about it. Good luck with everything! Just remember not to settle for less then you deserve. Figure out what you want in life and make sure you're headed in that direction. Hang in there!

#22 alkoch

• 515 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:26 PM

Glad you discussed it, just remember to trust yourself, just as the other girls have said!

#23 SusieQ

• 1,603 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:08 AM

CLAP CLAP!!!! Yeah ladies, it comes down to asking yourself, "shouldn't i want more for myself?" Me?? I would have been long gone.... I just know that I would not stay in that kind of realtionship.... Just too much drama, issues and lack of commitment. I guess I can not understand thinking of a wedding if your questioning the relationship.

#24 super19

• 1,123 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:44 PM

I'm so proud of your decision to walk away with your head held high and put yourself first. Although it's difficult to walk away from someone you love, you have to do what is right for you.

Best wishes!

#25 ChristinaP

• 365 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:08 PM

That was such a big thing for you to do. Kudos to you. It takes a lot of guts to make such a tough decision, but in the end you WILL feel better for sticking to your guns.
            Good luck.

#26 nsbride2010

• 2,528 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by ML YoungLove
              I am going to be harsh, and I am sorry.

Honestly, I think that you have done all that you can. I hope you make the right decision, because this is your life and future. It would be better to call off the wedding instead of spending loads of money on the wedding and a divorce. Start putting yourself first!
              I am really sorry to hear that this is happening to you... its not fair to you at all!

I agree with young love, you need to put yourself first.
              Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#27 rydm

• 42 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:08 AM

Hey Girl! I'm sooo sorry to hear about this!!! I haven't logged on here for a while so I’m just finding out. I hope you're doing well and staying strong!!! I read everyone's reply and they gave some good advises. You did the right thing so continue to be strong! Best of luck!!!!!!!

#28 *Linds*

• 5,776 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:01 PM

Wow. It seems like you have a lot going on! I cannot really relate because I have never had anything like your experiences happen to me but what I can relate to is your unhappiness! I am so sorry you are dealing with all of this and as bad as things are right now and with the way you are feeling it may be a good idea to postpone or call the wedding off for now. Your wedding day is something you should look back on as the happiest day of your life, and it doesn't sound like there is a lot of happiness between you and your FI. Follow your heart and I'm sure you will make the right decision! Best of luck!

Loving married life! <3

#29 big3n09

• 616 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:58 AM

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!
                    4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#30 vdaybride

• 1,412 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:11 AM

I am happy to read that you made the right decision. THe right decision is not always the easiest one. NO SHRUGS here only HUGS!!! Kudos to you!!
                      Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users