1 month until our wedding and my grandmother isn't expected to make it past this week

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Patti

• 555 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:11 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. Your story has really touched me. Just know that she will be with you in spirit on your special day.

• 164 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:34 AM

What a wonderful life you have had together. My only living grandparent is my grandma on my mother's side. My family does not have warm fuzzy relationships, in fact, my mother and I might talk twice a year (and not because we fight). My grandmother has never been anything but a "hi, how are you doing" type relationship and conversation is awkward at all family functions since my relatives are so socially dysfunctional.

I am always jealous of women like you that have had such wonderful relationships with the other strong women in your families. Hang on to all the wonderful memories you have had over the years. You are a very very lucky person!

#23 mlabbe

• 784 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:31 AM

I'm sorry that she passed away... even though you knew that it was coming it must have been terribly hard to deal with it. She was quite the fighter! And it seems to me that she might have rubbed off on you a little! Hang in there. My thoughts will continue to be with you.

#24 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:45 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you at this tough time.

#25 SusieQ

• 1,603 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:50 AM

I hun, I had been wondering how the battle was going, I hadn't seen any posts in a while. i am very sorry to hear of your lost. Take care of yourself, sending you tons of positive energy to get through this very difficult time.

#26 tdotey

• 185 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:22 PM

I'm sorry you have to deal with this before your wedding. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

July 13, 2012

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

95 booked inclding bride and groom!

#27 Boston Bride 2009

Boston Bride 2009
              • 268 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:53 PM

Thank you girls for your continued support. I'm sort of back on track for the wedding thanks to my wonderful wedding coordinator. I'm excited but I did have a tears session last night when I was trying to fall asleep....it creeps up on you are the strangest times.

You all have been so supportive with your words of encouragment, stories, thoughts and prayers. I truly truly appreciate it.

#28 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:59 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, your grandma was truly inspiring.

#29 Jennyco116

• 115 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:29 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. You relationship with her reminds me of my grandfather and I. Planning your wedding now seems almost impossible but believe that she will want you to have the most spectacular day because she will be there.

I will say a special prayer for you and your family.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users