Photo

Suggested GOLF courses in the RM???

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 t&kJanuary2010

t&kJanuary2010
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:33 AM

Hey ladies! I was wondering if any of the men in your lives have a suggested golf course we should visit in the Riviera Maya? My FI dad, our uncles, and g-pops would like me to report back!!

Any suggestions?? Thank you!

#2 finleys7

finleys7
    • 703 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:03 PM

We are staying at the Iberostar Paraiso Golf and Spa resort. The course is amazing. The boys will be playing there Friday. My dad will probably try and play twice =)

My friend was on the Canadian tour and he played there and said it was beautiful, they are trying to make it a little tougher but it's a great course. I only went to the driving range, but the Golf- Pro on-site let us take the cart and go through the course. I highly recommend this one.

Good luck!
      Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
      Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#3 t&kJanuary2010

t&kJanuary2010
      • 196 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:16 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by finleys7
        We are staying at the Iberostar Paraiso Golf and Spa resort. The course is amazing. The boys will be playing there Friday. My dad will probably try and play twice =)

My friend was on the Canadian tour and he played there and said it was beautiful, they are trying to make it a little tougher but it's a great course. I only went to the driving range, but the Golf- Pro on-site let us take the cart and go through the course. I highly recommend this one.

Good luck!
        We are staying at Barcelo. Can our guest still pay to play at Iberostar?

#4 delauren

delauren
        • 84 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:48 PM

From my wedding website...

There are six different courses in the Riviera Maya that provide first-class design and facilities: The Mayan Resorts Golf with 18 holes designed by Jack Nicklaus; the Iberostar Beach Paraiso Golf Club with 18 holes designed by PB Dye; Puerto Aventuras with 9 holes; Playacar Spa and Golf Club with 18 holes designed by Robert Von Hagge; Bahia Principe with 18 holes designed by Trent Jones and The Camaleon Mayakoba Design with 18 holes designed by Greg Norman.

#5 LDeeken

LDeeken
          • 200 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:36 PM

I second the Iberostar course! My Dad and Brother played it a few years ago and my fiancee played this summer. They all said it was great! I guess it depends on where you are staying in RM though. They would probably appreciate going somewhere close to your resort.

#6 finleys7

finleys7
            • 703 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:03 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by t&kJanuary2010
              We are staying at Barcelo. Can our guest still pay to play at Iberostar?
              Here are the prices for Iberostar Paraiso and yes you can play, just don't know how far away it is.

Public rack rate$195 USD
              Public twilight $130

Iberostar Guest $130
              Twilight Guest$95

Junior Fee $85
              Club rental$40
              Shoe rental$20
              Rider fee$30
              Replay$40
              Practice range:
              Medium Bucket$7
              Large Bucket$10

Twilight rate after 3:00 pm low
              Season and 2:00 pm high
              Season.

Rate includes green fee and
              Cart fee as well as snacks and
              Drinks. Transportation from
              Iberostar hotels.
              Available rates until 21/Dic/2010

Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
              Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#7 shellk

shellk
              • 1,784 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:26 PM

we get wed at riu palace riviera maya and my understanding is there is a really good golf course just around the corner.well put it this way if there is,nt fi and best man will be very disappointed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users