Sign in to follow this  
destinationbride07

Something Old, New, Borrowed and Blue

Something old: not sure yet...

Something new: dress

something borrowed: borrowing jewelry from my gf that is a jewelry designer

something blue: not sure yet, but i think i'm leaning toward blue shoes.

My something blue came today! I ordered it from The Gartermaker and it looks great! I did the dress label for the inside of my dress. I would recommend this to anyone.... She's an Etsy vendor but I ordered directly from her site.

The Gartermaker

danielle i love this idea and dont know how i missed it before!! how much did you pay for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
danielle i love this idea and dont know how i missed it before!! how much did you pay for it?
It was $25 I think with shipping... It's huge, about 4x5, it came with a little card that told the story about where the tradition started....it was cute! I totally ripped off one of the designs on the website (the Eli & Rachel one). I'm gonna take a picture of it and post it.

Maura you should get one.....I LOVE it, it will really personalize your dress!

Here you are Maura! I love it, I can't wait to see it in my dress. The little card that talks about the tradition also suggests that you can make it a pocket inside the dress to hold something special. I really like this idea and might use it to hold my rosary, my mom would love that!

Click the image to open in full size.

That is a cute idea. Since I am getting married in the DR I decided that I would wear my Larimar bracelet since it is the Dominican Diamond, and can be found no where else. I am also getting my BM larimar earrings and pendant to wear.

oh danielle that is gorgeous!!! i love it. when are you having it sewn into your dress, and where in the dress will you put it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
oh danielle that is gorgeous!!! i love it. when are you having it sewn into your dress, and where in the dress will you put it?
I think I'm going to have my seamstress sew it into the back of the dress by the designer label.......I'm so excited! You should totally get one! I just love little details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkianddean View Post
I love this idea. Thanks for posting Danielle. I can;t wait to see yours Yari.

I am definitely going to do this. The site says it's sold out for now though....
They are custom made, email the lady. I am sure she can make it for you.