Photo

Worried about weather in February :/

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 vdaybride

vdaybride
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:49 PM

Moving the party indoors is not an option so I have to look into renting some heat lamps! Thanks so much ladies
    Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#22 futuremrsgoodrich

futuremrsgoodrich
    • 361 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:06 PM

Are you having your reception on the beach? I think heat lamps are so romantic

#23 vdaybride

vdaybride
      • 1,412 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:31 PM

The reception will be on a large terrace near a pool. I will ask anout heat lamps. I don't want people freezing and not enjoying themselves. I will also have a 15 minute fireshow, but I don't think that will warm folks up much :)

#24 vdaybride

vdaybride
        • 1,412 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:02 PM

No it will be on a near by terrace near a pool. Between the ppool and the oceanan I would imagine it could get quite nipppy. I am going to inquire about the lampps for sure! Thanks!

#25 GVphotographer

GVphotographer
          • 2,667 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
          • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:51 AM

Congratulations vdaybride,
          Cabo is not that cold, with the pashminas and a few drinks it would be enought
          Have fun with your planning, good luck!!

DESTINATION WEEDING PHOTOGRAPHER
          WWW.ARTNCOLORS.COM (www.artncolors.com)

#26 Beach Bride 80

Beach Bride 80
          • 151 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:25 AM

I was married there in January and the weather was awesome. If you are doing a pre-travel booklet for your guests, you could just recommend them to wear long pants and bring a sweater for the evening reception. If you are on a terrace you will probably not notice if it gets a bit chilly.

#27 vdaybride

vdaybride
            • 1,412 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:42 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Beach Bride 80
              I was married there in January and the weather was awesome. If you are doing a pre-travel booklet for your guests, you could just recommend them to wear long pants and bring a sweater for the evening reception. If you are on a terrace you will probably not notice if it gets a bit chilly.
              Thank you, that is a great idea. I am so happy that the weather was great for you. I am so looking forward to my big day!!

#28 Mardigras

Mardigras
              • 53 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:23 PM

This is great information. I hadn't thought about it being chilly at night. Guess I've been so busy with all of the other details, this one totally slipped by me. I am putting together a letter for all our of guests, and will be sure to remind them that it would be a good idea to bring a light jacket or sweater.

#29 ms.yuri@gmail.com

ms.yuri@gmail.com
                • 24 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by vdaybride 

I am getting married on February 14, 2010. The ceremony will be on the beach at 4:00. The reception will be held on a terrace. I am a little worried that it will be chilly once the sun goes down and my guest will be uncomfortable, being exposed to the elements for up to 7 hours. I am debating moving the reception into one of the ballrooms, but I really want the experience of having the reception outside.... confused!!

Hi vday, how was your wedding in February? I came across your post while researching the weather in Los Cabos as a result of a dilemma. You see, I may have to change my wedding date from May 28, 2011 to February or whatever fits my photographer's schedule and the Hilton's availability due to my brother's new baby being born the same week (May 28).

I'd appreciate your thoughts on how the weather was in early February, like if it was warm enough to swim during the day, if it was windy at night, or if New Yorkers like us wouldn't mind the cooler weather in Mexico.

-Thanks!

Yuri

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users