Photo

How to stay not-sick b/f the big day?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gr8ful

Gr8ful
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:53 PM

What are your hints for staying healthy and not getting sick during the final weeks before your wedding? Being stressed is not helpful for the immune system, so if you have any helpful hints, please let me know. I am also traveling for work the week before we leave for Mexico (don't ask), so I am very worried about catching something.

I plan to wash my hands obsessively, take a multivitamin every day, try to sleep as much as possible -- any other thoughts or secret remedies that you can share?

#2 eec129

eec129
    • 108 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:12 PM

I have thought a lot about this since my wedding is right in the beginning on January. I think just getting a lot of sleep, exercise, and eating healthy is key, along with extra measures like vitamins, Purell, etc. :) I really think the biggest key is SLEEP, though. That always works wonders for me.
      44 booked plus bride and groom!

http://img.weddingco...er/zva23vtt.png

#3 amandseth

amandseth
      • 218 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:24 PM

I've been taking a few drops of echinacea every day.
        Annie and Wes, 11.11.09, GRP

Grand Riviera Princess Review
        http://bestdestinati....-review-52769/Planning Thread http://bestdestinati....nscious-52815/

#4 Gr8ful

Gr8ful
        • 155 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:53 PM

What kind of echinacea, where did you get it? That is a good idea.

#5 Moonrhea

Moonrhea
          • 153 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:45 PM

I swear by echinacea, I take the capsules though. Get them at the drug stores/Walmart etc. Don't take it if your allergic to ragweed though. I'm going to start taking it a week before we leave. It's always worked for me in the past.

#6 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,368 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:44 PM

I didn't feel well the week of my wedding and sounded like a frog on my wedding day. Oh well, still had a great time. Sometimes it just happens. I think the more you stress over it, the worse it'll be. How many days a year are you actually sick? I think the odds are in your favor. I wouldn't worry so much about it

#7 Gr8ful

Gr8ful
              • 155 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:14 PM

Kristy: You are SO right! Part of it is about the attitude. Thanks for that re-adjustment!

#8 DRB

DRB
                • 647 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:53 PM

I think not stressing is probably the biggest thing because you know what sometimes you just can't control it. I'm just going to try to eat right, take my vitamins, work out, sleep a lot etc... leading up to the wedding. If I get sick I'll just drink more that week to forget about feeling crappy, lol.

Honestly though, I'm sick right now and still had my BD shoot today and managed to have a good time so sometimes attitude has a lot to do with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users