Did you ever want to change your resort?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom97 View Post
There have definitely been times where I have doubted my decision. I did tons of research and just about drove myself and FI crazy trying to find the "perfect" resort. I finally realized that I wasn't going to be able to find the "perfect" resort so we made a list of the things that were most important to us and then chose the resort that best fit our top requirements. This was all before I found BDW.

So then I found BDW and saw that there were so few brides booked with Beaches and I was like, wait!! Why is no one else booking with Beaches? What's wrong; did I pick the wrong resort?!?! I saw sooooo many other brides booking with RIU and thought for sure I had made a mistake. But you know what....the grass always looks greener on the other side and I think we all try so hard to make everything perfect that no matter how fantastic the resort is, somehow we will find a way to doubt the choices that we have made. All it takes is a bad review on trip advisor to send a bride into panic mode - but I think we just need to step back, take a deep breath and realize that we can't control everything. BUT despite not being able to control everything, we are all still going to have a fabulous DW :) :) :)
I totally agree, I have been in panic mode more than a few times! Every time I freak about and think that I might have liked RIU better, I think about our discussion with the travel agent and then I remember why we picked Beaches. At this point I know if I go into it with doubts, then maybe I won't enjoy myself as much...so I can't let that happen! wink.gif Have to stay positive.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is de ja vu. ;-)

At the moment I have two weddings booked !!!

I was up against so many things guests with kids not being allowed in some hotels pressure from the fi to book no one to help. So I booked for the half term 31.05.10 Riu Tropical bay rooms looked lovley and beach excellant great reviews on trip advisor

............after I booked the fi family became very upset that it wasnt booked in summer holidays and 70%guests had to stay at the hotel some persons did not want to. I could not sleep!!! I then just re booked to go to Rose Hall Resort and Spa but the beach looks dire so still not happy. But I do like the location the Aquaduct and my guests have booked so Im just going to stick to it still may change the last week to an alternative hotel as guests are staying the whole two weeks with us !!!

I would advise anyone if you feel like changing your mind you can but speak to someone and get some advice.

Good Luck everyone its not as easy as it sounds :-)

Talk about indecisive! My FI has been online all week into the wee hours of the morning (4 am last night!!!) looking into alternate options. We reserved Sandals Whitehouse for 7/31/10, but we're on the fence now. Have any of you been there? What can you tell me about it?

We've been looking into Aruba, Hawaii, Costa Rica, and much more now... I am getting a bit overwhelmed by the options out there. Any suggestions?

WOW i'm glad I found this thread today!!!

I'm having a bloody panic attack about the idea that we 'should' consider our guests a bit more and possibly change resorts!!! Have been up all night & didn't sleep a wink!!

We are booked for Sandals Negril March 2011. We go the most amazing deal EVER and can't wait!! But yesterday, while at a holiday expo, we got a RIU brochure & RIU Negril looks fab!

One problem we have is that the grooms brother will be 10 at our wedding & we are recommending they stay at Beaches Negril & come over on the day. We have secured permission for him to be on-site for the wedding, but obviously he cannot stay all evening & night. I don't think the future parents In Law are too happy about this, but as I keep reminding myself, it's OUR day & we only get to do it once (hopefully lol!). So now I am actually considering switching to RIU Negril so that kids would be accommodated if ppl wanted to bring them, yet not over run with kids as may be the case with Beaches. Also I am considering the cost for other guests too!

Here's the thing, most, if not all, of our (potential) guests have said they will not be staying in Sandals anyway. Either because of cost or the singles/kids thing. Secondly, the ppl who have said they will come, may still not even book, so all this changing could be for nothing! And thirdly, if I am doing this to suit my guests...well I should have had the wedding in Ireland!

So, I think with all this added up, I have decided not to switch to suit potential guests & stick to what WE want. After all, the reason we are going to Jamaica is for something a little more special. So we will stick with Sandals & stick to the plan, rather than loose 1 yr worth of planning & researching. Guests can stay where they like, join us on the day & enjoy THEIR holiday in Jamaica.

Are we getting too wrapped up in what our guests want rather than what we want??

And if so, should we just be staying at home if that's the case?

Or am I being selfish? huh02.gif

Jamaicabride, the fact that you've already been planning for a year now and have a wedding date over a year from now is kind of making me even more nervous about MY own indecision here. But, we've got it narrowed down to a sandy beach, nice weather, 7/31/10 or 10/10/10...yep only about a million options out there!

Hahahaha Niedertobe!!! I suppose you are in a pickle! LOL But I know when we decided on Sandals Negril, it was only because we saw a wedding there on tv & picked it straight away...with out even a second thought or research on any other properties!!! So once you do a bit of research & read LOADS of reviews, you'll be more than happy with your decision. Also, if you are bringing family/friends, discuss options with them before finalising anything, you will rest easy then! xx This site is a lifesaver when it comes to information & help. I find it essential in EVERY decision I make! Happy planning!!!

We are staying at Sandals Negril also, we picked this resort because Beaches Negril is close by. We have a son and so that was not an option to have no kids since we want him in our wedding. Also there are a couple ppl coming as singles so they are staying there also. My Fiancé's Mom is staying with our son at Beaches.

We were originally getting married at Sandals and were wondering also about what to do since our son can only be there for the ceremony and reception. Then I did some research and went with a wedding planner off the resort. We are only paying a little more than we would have for the extras we wanted at the Sandals wedding and getting so much more. We are getting married on half moon beach, having the reception, then we are all going to Beaches to go out : )