Sign in to follow this  
Shakara

Beaches Boscobel Ceremony Sites

The thing that gets me is after paying for a theme that you must pay for additional tables if needed. I mean, if you're putting down that money, extra tables should be included in it. I might just stick with the free one and some small little things in my luggage.

I agree. Not only that, but if you are just having a cocktail reception, like me, then it becomes even more of a waste! I do like that butterfly motif, but the way they have it done is almost overkill. I plan to go with the basic package, and bring some of my own accents.

Also, yesterday I got an e-mail response from my WC, telling me some upgrades to the basic package would be available come November. So I am waiting on that. It's just kind of a bummer since my wedding is coming up soon and I'd like to know what I still need to buy!

I agree... these costs are outrageous! I was told that the free wedding included an arch and minimal decorations too, so I thought that was fine! We booked 12 rooms... spending over 15,000. You would think they would give more! 900 for an arch? Thats crazy. Now I'm debating on just moving the ceremony and reception somewhere else. I spoke to this wedding coordinator who can do a beach front gazebo in ocho rios with full decor, 4 hour reception, etc for around the same price of beaches but more stuff. I guess I should wait to see what their upgrade offers are though.

Ooooh, that would be great if you were able to move it to an off-site location and get more! At this point in my planning, I don't know if it would be an option for me....but what a great idea!

Argh, so many things you learn as you go through this! wink.gif

I am actually at Beaches Boscobel RIGHT NOW!!  lol.  The brides wedding was at the Venetian and she had 21 guests....it was perfect.  It was SUPER sunny (which Jamaica tends to be), but the small gazebo gave the perfect amount of shade for gorgeous pics with the ocean in the background.  SO glad she chose to get married at that spot.  I've seen the little pier....it's beautiful...but very small.  Not much room to move around.  

The bride had her ceremony at the Venetian, cocktails in the Piano Bar, and then the reception (with an outside DJ) back on the re-set up Venetian.  It was PERFECT.  Couldn't recommend a better set up.  :D