Photo

How much was your wedding dress???

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 calyx6

calyx6
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:18 PM

My dress cost about $1900 but that also included all the alterations. I narrowly avoided a surcharge for special sizing since I am very small (how about a break for the little people - we use less fabric!) by my measurements matching their smallest standard size. I was hoping to spend less than $5000 so I had no guilt over the price tag.

-V-
    Tulum - November 3, 2007

#52 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:21 PM

I really don't want to spend more than $1000. I'm planning to begin my search next month so I'm going to try to stay away from anything more than that.

#53 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:19 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by amyh
        I really don't want to spend more than $1000. I'm planning to begin my search next month so I'm going to try to stay away from anything more than that.
        Amy I really think you can do that. There are tons of beautiful dresses. I was kind of overwhelmed. Luckily for me, nearly half of them looked awkward on me. But they were still beautiful hanging up!
        Happily married since 2008

#54 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:26 PM

My dress was regularly $599, and I got it on sale (discontinued) for $450. Alterations will be less than 100. woo-hoo!!!

#55 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:55 PM

Mine was $500 with free alterations, it came to $650 with tax and veil. I only wanted to spend $300 since I didn't plan to wear it twice. I honestly didn't care too much about the dress unlike most brides - I didn't set foot in a dress shop until 4 months prior to the wedding. If it was too late I was going to buy a white dress from Neiman Marcus - they have an affordable informal wedding section.

I also didn't feel it was "the one". I went to one bridal shop and bought the 3rd one I tried on - same day. It was formal on top and beachy on the bottom so I said "that will do". I loved it the day of and it worked and I haven't looked at it since I came back...but I stare at hubby everyday :o)

#56 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:50 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by starchild
              Mine was $500 with free alterations, it came to $650 with tax and veil. I only wanted to spend $300 since I didn't plan to wear it twice. I honestly didn't care too much about the dress unlike most brides - I didn't set foot in a dress shop until 4 months prior to the wedding. If it was too late I was going to buy a white dress from Neiman Marcus - they have an affordable informal wedding section.

I also didn't feel it was "the one". I went to one bridal shop and bought the 3rd one I tried on - same day. It was formal on top and beachy on the bottom so I said "that will do". I loved it the day of and it worked and I haven't looked at it since I came back...but I stare at hubby everyday :o)
              that's totally how I feel.... I am 4 months from the wedding and just about to go shopping~ it just really wasn't a stresser for me...

#57 gracefulsteph

gracefulsteph
              • 55 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:38 PM

my budget was $1000 to $1500......i didn't look at price tags until i found the one i loved. that could have been a bad mistake if my dress ended up being way over my budget. but luckily, it wasn't...it was $1500...so still in my budget! i have thought about spending that much money on a dress, but i know i love it and can't wait for my FI to see me in it!

i'm doing a TTD but had to schedule it the day before the wedding since juan is not available after....so i'm on the hunt for a cheaper dress! plus i just don't know how i could trash my $1500 dress.......it would be so sad!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users